New tire, replace two?

Old June 1st 05, 12:38 PM

Default New tire, replace two?

One tire is ripped up and has to be replaced. So the question
is........should I buy two. The set has 29000 miles on them.

Thanks

Old June 1st 05, 12:54 PM
Al Bundy

For me it depends on whether you have a full sixed spare that is new
and could be matched with the one purchased. If not, I would buy two
new ones and a rim so I would have two new tires on that axle and a
full sized spare with 29,000 miles on it.

Old June 1st 05, 01:11 PM

Thanks Al. So the next question is if the full size spare will fit in
the space where the donut was.

Old June 1st 05, 01:58 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks Al. So the next question is if the full size spare will fit in
> the space where the donut was.

29,000 miles is not much life, in my opinion...What kind of tires did you
have, and
on what sort of vehicle? If the failure were due to a puncture, road
hazard, etc and
not just worn out, I might replace it with a duplicate. If they were both
beginning to
wear out, I would replace both as an axle set.

It is always nice to have a full sized spare, but most cars with doughnut
spares dont
accomodate them well.