I got the Tranny Fluid in the PT changed

Old July 18th 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer[_2_]

Default I got the Tranny Fluid in the PT changed

I specified to ONLY USE the Chrysler fluid for these transmissions.
The bill reads:
Tranny R/R Tranny Pan, Change Fluid and and filter kit.
Tranny Filter Transmission Filter Kit.
5 quarts Transmission Oil @ $3 each.
SB101 Chrysler Trans Fluid Additive.

What is this additive? Should I assume that the correct fluid was put
in? I hate to question the shop, I wouldn't want them to think I don't
trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.
Old July 18th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
aarcuda69062

In article
"Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:

> I specified to ONLY USE the Chrysler fluid for these transmissions.
> The bill reads:
> Tranny R/R Tranny Pan, Change Fluid and and filter kit.
> Tranny Filter Transmission Filter Kit.
> 5 quarts Transmission Oil @ $3 each.
> SB101 Chrysler Trans Fluid Additive.
>
> What is this additive?

Monkey jizz

> Should I assume that the correct fluid was put
> in?

My wholesale cost on ATF+4 is $1.30 per quart higher than what they
charged you...

> I hate to question the shop, I wouldn't want them to think I don't
> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

Appears that they've fallen victim to some marketing bull**** or they're
to lazy to do it right.
Old July 19th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob AZ

I wouldn't want them to think I don't
> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

Peter

They are simply not to be trusted. And my dealer knows that I don't
trust them. The service writer works 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. He
cheats anybody and everybody that he can. And the ironic thing is that
he thinks the situation is standard and the best. The only reason that
I go there is the warranty thing.

Bob AZ
Old July 19th 10, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 07:34:04 -0700, Pete E. Kruzer wrote:

> I specified to ONLY USE the Chrysler fluid for these transmissions.
> The bill reads:
> Tranny R/R Tranny Pan, Change Fluid and and filter kit.
> Tranny Filter Transmission Filter Kit.
> 5 quarts Transmission Oil @ $3 each.
> SB101 Chrysler Trans Fluid Additive.
>
> What is this additive? Should I assume that the correct fluid was put
> in? I hate to question the shop, I wouldn't want them to think I don't
> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

Whew...

Who did it?

This may not be good. Five quarts mean they did a drain and fill...

SB101 "Chrysler additive" means they used a generic ATF and added
'modifiers' to it. They did not use real ATF+4...

Old July 19th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:21:56 -0700 (PDT), Bob AZ >
wrote:

> I wouldn't want them to think I don't
>> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

>Peter
>
>They are simply not to be trusted. And my dealer knows that I don't
>trust them. The service writer works 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. He
>cheats anybody and everybody that he can. And the ironic thing is that
>he thinks the situation is standard and the best. The only reason that
>I go there is the warranty thing.
>
>Bob AZ

Are you in Arizona? Which dealer? The closest one to me is at the
Tempe Autoplex. I'd like to think they are honest....
Old July 19th 10, 07:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel who wants to know

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 07:34:04 -0700, Pete E. Kruzer wrote:
>
>> I specified to ONLY USE the Chrysler fluid for these transmissions.
>> The bill reads:
>> Tranny R/R Tranny Pan, Change Fluid and and filter kit.
>> Tranny Filter Transmission Filter Kit.
>> 5 quarts Transmission Oil @ $3 each.
>> SB101 Chrysler Trans Fluid Additive.
>>
>> What is this additive? Should I assume that the correct fluid was put
>> in? I hate to question the shop, I wouldn't want them to think I don't
>> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

> Whew...
>
> Who did it?
>
> This may not be good. Five quarts mean they did a drain and fill...
>
> SB101 "Chrysler additive" means they used a generic ATF and added
> 'modifiers' to it. They did not use real ATF+4...

Boy this REALLY steams my clams... 20 effing years later and the *******s
STILL can't be bothered to use the right damn fluid. I would assume that
this applies to all vehicles that use a non-Dexron fluid as well and not
just Chryslers. What do they put on the ticket when a car that takes Toyota
T-IV or WS comes in? Better yet what do they do when a cone and belt CVT
equipped vehicle like a Ford Freestyle comes in?

Makes me even more proud I can do the work myself and don't have to rely on
the goons using Lubegard.

Old July 28th 10, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
mrsomtingwong

On Jul 18, 10:34*am, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
> I specified to ONLY USE the Chrysler fluid for these transmissions.
> The bill reads:
> Tranny R/R Tranny Pan, Change Fluid and and filter kit.
> Tranny Filter Transmission Filter Kit.
> 5 quarts Transmission Oil @ $3 each.
> SB101 Chrysler Trans Fluid Additive.
>
> What is this additive? Should I assume that the correct fluid was put
> in? I hate to question the shop, I wouldn't want them to think I don't
> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

more than likely they used a friction modifier with a dexron3 fluid
the modifier works good and is made to reformulate the fluid
used it many times myself working at a Chrysler dealer with no ill
effects
Old July 28th 10, 05:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel who wants to know

> "mrsomtingwong" > wrote in message
>

> more than likely they used a friction modifier with a dexron3 fluid
> the modifier works good and is made to reformulate the fluid
> used it many times myself working at a Chrysler dealer with no ill
> effects

"Works good" should be works well.

Are we talking "no ill effects" as in it moved under its own power out of
the parking lot and down the road or no ill effects as in the CVIs were all
well within the normal range and it came back 30k later for another change
without a failure or shifting problems. Also kindly share what Chrysler
dealer this was so we can avoid it like the plague since they don't use the
proper fluid.

Old July 28th 10, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:35:59 -0700 (PDT), mrsomtingwong
> wrote:

>On Jul 18, 10:34*am, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
>> I specified to ONLY USE the Chrysler fluid for these transmissions.
>> The bill reads:
>> Tranny R/R Tranny Pan, Change Fluid and and filter kit.
>> Tranny Filter Transmission Filter Kit.
>> 5 quarts Transmission Oil @ $3 each.
>> SB101 Chrysler Trans Fluid Additive.
>>
>> What is this additive? Should I assume that the correct fluid was put
>> in? I hate to question the shop, I wouldn't want them to think I don't
>> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

>more than likely they used a friction modifier with a dexron3 fluid
>the modifier works good and is made to reformulate the fluid
>used it many times myself working at a Chrysler dealer with no ill
>effects

The only reason I can imagine, correct me if I'm wrong, is that by
doing that instead of buying the correct OEM Chrysler fluid that the
customer expected to get, was so the dealer could charge the price of
the real ATF+4 while installing a cheaper alternative. I'd be ****ed
if I went to a Chrysler dealer for a fluid and filter with the
expectation of getting the PROPER fluid and parts and then found out
that I got Dextron and an additive and a cheap fram filter.
Old July 28th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel who wants to know

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> I'd be ****ed
> if I went to a Chrysler dealer for a fluid and filter with the
> expectation of getting the PROPER fluid and parts and then found out
> that I got Dextron and an additive and a cheap fram filter.

There is no "T" in Dexron

Does PS fluid really need to be changed? KOB Chrysler 5 November 26th 09 10:08 PM
Changed my "lifetime" tranny fluid... dizzy BMW 3 January 2nd 08 04:01 PM
tranny fluid? koolaid Dodge 31 January 31st 05 10:36 PM
tranny fluid? BILL SMITH Chrysler 2 January 31st 05 10:36 PM
tranny fluid? BILL SMITH Technology 2 January 31st 05 10:36 PM