E36 heater/air conditioner air flow question

Old October 12th 04, 11:45 PM
news

Default E36 heater/air conditioner air flow question

i have a 1998 .
the heater and air flow is cut by about a third when in use as
opposed to using outside air vent .

is this normal ?
i already replaced the microfilter.

i do get air flow but its reduced.

Old October 14th 04, 12:34 PM
Richard Sperry

First off, what? Do you mean the recirculation mode vs std? (recirc mode=
you push the button that has the pictogram of a car and the looping arrow)
The only use I have found for recirc mode, is if I'm following a stinky
something, or there is a lot of moisture in the air and the windows are
fogging. When clear I switch back to fresh air. Please be as specific as
possible, You will get no help if people don't understand the problem.

Rich

Old October 15th 04, 07:13 PM
news

how much does the airflow get reduced if the air
intake is through the microfilter ?

Old October 24th 04, 01:37 PM
Richard Sperry

All airflow is through the microfilter, and it gets real nasty. Buy a
Bentley workshop manual.

newsrUbd.437$Ug4.400@trndny01...