1998 grand caravan lxi

Old July 12th 05, 12:26 AM
Shawn Berg

Default 1998 grand caravan lxi

The battery ran low and would not start the van. I also noticed the
leds on the two A/C control buttons flash every second. I replaced the
battery and the van starts, but the leds still flash. Dealer said that
I would have to pay to reset the BCM. Can someone clue me in to how to
reset the BCM myself? Does the flashing leds indicate a problem? How do
I determine what was detected?

Thanks

Old July 12th 05, 12:39 AM
Shawn Berg

I just noticed a post right before mine had part of the answer. After I
ran the cool down test neither led was flashing or lit.

Old July 12th 05, 01:34 AM
maxpower

"Shawn Berg" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The battery ran low and would not start the van. I also noticed the
> leds on the two A/C control buttons flash every second. I replaced the
> battery and the van starts, but the leds still flash. Dealer said that
> I would have to pay to reset the BCM. Can someone clue me in to how to
> reset the BCM myself? Does the flashing leds indicate a problem? How do
> I determine what was detected?
>
> Thanks

a.. Set Blower motor ON HIGH
b.. Set Mode position to Panel
c.. Open all A/C outlets
d.. Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)
e.. Depress WASH and REAR WIPER button simultaneously for 5 Seconds (Until
all LED's light)
RESULTS:
a.. All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds
b.. Calibration Test is running when REAR WIPER and INTERMITTENT are
alternately flashing. Cooldown test is running if A/C and RECIRC are
alternately flashing.
c.. Acceptable results is REAR WIPER LED is the only LED flashing. Push
Rear Wiper to exit.
d.. After all tests have passed, Calibration Diagnostics and Cooldown can
be run separately.
COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY
a.. Set Blower motor ON HIGH
b.. Set Mode position to Panel
c.. Open all A/C outlets
d.. Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)
e.. Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds
NOTE: Prior to start of test, If the evaporator is already cold, the system
will fail test. To correct, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor
ON high for three minutes prior to starting test.

RESULTS:
a.. All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds
b.. Cooldown Test is running when A/C and RECIRC. are alternately
flashing. If A/C and RECIRC. are flashing simultaneously, Cooldown has
failed.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech