New, never driven ZR1

Old July 10th 06, 09:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

Default New, never driven ZR1

I buy parts from a wrecking yard owner at his house. With a day's
notice, the parts are waiting on the front step and I give the check to
his wife on my way home from work.

Yesterday, I drove up in my '91 C4. "Is that a ZR1?" she asked. "No,
I wish."

"We have one here in the garage. It has 74 miles on it."

?!?!??!!

Turns out, they bought it as an investment, hauled it home on a roll
back, and put it in the garage where it's sat ever since. It has one
test drive at the dealer on it.

Unbelievable!

-rev

Old July 10th 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

LOLOLOL
I certainly hope they don't work in the field of
investment counseling for the public. PFFFFTTTTT

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old July 11th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

That's just sad way to own a 'vette.

Old July 11th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Crabs[_1_]

> Yesterday, I drove up in my '91 C4. "Is that a ZR1?" she asked. "No,
> I wish."
>
> "We have one here in the garage. It has 74 miles on it."

Sad but true.

Of the 6939 ZR1's produced between 1990 and 1995 a little over half have
been accounted for. More than a few have met their untimely demise,
either on the race track or on the street. There's pictures of at least
6 wrecked ZR1's at www.wreckedexotics.com,
The rest remain hidden away in storage, awaiting the day when they bring
as big a return for their owners as a '69 ZL1 or an unmolested L88 coupe.
Which isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

There were also 84 "Evaluation" pre-production ZR1's made in 1989. Most
were probably returned to GM to be crushed, however a few (unknown
exactly how many) were spared and still exist today.
There are also a small handful, maybe as many as a dozen or so
pre-production mules and test cars that somehow escaped the crusher.
Not to mention the 3 or 4 that were crushed and left to rot in a field
somewhere near the Lotus production facility in Norfolk England that
were discovered by Corvette/ZR1 enthusiasts and revived/restored.
These cars will probably be worth quite a lot sometime in the future.

TomC
'90ZR1 #792
Old July 11th 06, 04:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Crabs" > wrote in message
. ..

>> Yesterday, I drove up in my '91 C4. "Is that a ZR1?" she asked. "No,
>> I wish."
>>
>> "We have one here in the garage. It has 74 miles on it."
>>

> Sad but true.
>
> Of the 6939 ZR1's produced between 1990 and 1995 a little over half have been
> accounted for. More than a few have met their untimely demise, either on the
> race track or on the street. There's pictures of at least 6 wrecked ZR1's at
> www.wreckedexotics.com,
> The rest remain hidden away in storage, awaiting the day when they bring as
> big a return for their owners as a '69 ZL1 or an unmolested L88 coupe.
> Which isn't likely to happen anytime soon.
>
> There were also 84 "Evaluation" pre-production ZR1's made in 1989. Most were
> probably returned to GM to be crushed, however a few (unknown exactly how
> many) were spared and still exist today.
> There are also a small handful, maybe as many as a dozen or so pre-production
> mules and test cars that somehow escaped the crusher.
> Not to mention the 3 or 4 that were crushed and left to rot in a field
> somewhere near the Lotus production facility in Norfolk England that were
> discovered by Corvette/ZR1 enthusiasts and revived/restored.
> These cars will probably be worth quite a lot sometime in the future.
>
> TomC
> '90ZR1 #792

Sad but true, by the time it is worth what they paid for it that money in a low
interest CD will have been worth 2 ZR1s. If you every see a ZR1 catch a true L88
value our date will start out as Three Thousand and whatever.

You're doing what the ZR1 was built to do, be driven for the fun of driving a
great car, not sit in a garage collecting dust and very little added value.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old July 11th 06, 05:27 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Mack

"The Reverend Natural Light" > wrote in message
s.com...
>I buy parts from a wrecking yard owner at his house. With a day's
> notice, the parts are waiting on the front step and I give the check to
> his wife on my way home from work.
>
> Yesterday, I drove up in my '91 C4. "Is that a ZR1?" she asked. "No,
> I wish."
>
> "We have one here in the garage. It has 74 miles on it."
>
> ?!?!??!!
>
> Turns out, they bought it as an investment, hauled it home on a roll
> back, and put it in the garage where it's sat ever since. It has one
> test drive at the dealer on it.
>
> Unbelievable!
>

> -rev

more money than brains that couple

Fastest you've ever driven...in a parking lot. ! Driving 11 March 16th 06 10:04 PM
'04 Chrysler driven into water Gomer Einstein Dodge 11 August 22nd 05 06:18 AM
dodge 1983 hasn't been driven in 5 years pegfish Dodge 1 February 19th 05 03:42 PM
GTP Lives!!! Steve Smith Simulators 20 February 14th 05 04:59 AM
WTB! T-5 .83 OD Driven Gear! Mark Conklin Ford Mustang 1 November 12th 04 04:22 PM