98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start

Old April 17th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default 98JGC 5.2 Stumbles at cold start

The past few mornings my JGC takes a few cranks to start, when it
starts it seems its not firing on all 8 for about two seconds then it
runs fine.Its had a Recent tune-up and starts fine the rest of the day.
Any ideas?
Thanks, JK

Old April 17th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

What has your weather been like?

Moisture around the ignition system perhaps....

oups.com...

Old April 18th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

billy ray did pass the time by typing:
> What has your weather been like?
>
> Moisture around the ignition system perhaps....

Or fuel leak-down putting air in the injector rail.
That can be just about anthing from the check valve
at the fuel pump to the regulator. Including leaking
injectors.

JK, try this. Turn the key on, wait a few seconds, turn
it off, then turn it on, wait a few seconds, then start.
That basically runs the pump a couple times. If it starts
well after that then your problem was leak-down.

Old April 18th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It's been very wet, I live near Seattle.I filled up at a 76 station
I've never used before right before the problem started, bad gas maybe?
I will cycle the pump a few times and see what happens....Thanks

Cold start and running problems with 02 1.8T Passat William Maslin VW water cooled 4 September 15th 06 07:53 AM
328 Engine tapping on Cold Start Mal Vicars BMW 4 August 15th 05 05:35 PM
83 VW Rabbit Hard to start and progressively looses power and dies. Cold start? Fuel pressure? Electrical? URGENT. Please respond! Mark Amero BMW 11 August 4th 05 10:39 PM
'94 316i Cold Start Shudder Behan BMW 0 May 5th 05 11:30 AM
alfa 147 rattle on cold start rk Alfa Romeo 5 January 13th 05 10:00 PM