NSR: Other engine sounds line in .PLR file doesn't do anything for me

Old February 27th 05, 05:32 PM
Marc Collins

Default NSR: Other engine sounds line in .PLR file doesn't do anything for me

I have dropped it to .6, .5, .3, .2 and finally .1...no difference. All the
other values affect the sound, but the "other engines" are still about 5
times louder than they should be. When I am at Dover, for example, I don't
want the car a whole straight behind me to sound louder than my own engine.
Adjusting this value worked in NT2004 if I recall, but no go here. I have
read others suggesting adjusting it, so I assume it is adjustable for some?
What values are people using?

Thanks,

Marc

Marc Collins

Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?

Old February 28th 05, 02:32 PM
Larry

Same here. Changing that value has made no difference for me.

-Larry

Old February 28th 05, 05:12 PM
Mitch_A

Marc Collins wrote:

> I have dropped it to .6, .5, .3, .2 and finally .1...no difference. All
> the other values affect the sound, but the "other engines" are still about
> 5
> times louder than they should be. When I am at Dover, for example, I
> don't want the car a whole straight behind me to sound louder than my own
> engine.
> Adjusting this value worked in NT2004 if I recall, but no go here. I have
> read others suggesting adjusting it, so I assume it is adjustable for
> some? What values are people using?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc

IIRC I had to go down to the 0.03000 range.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 28th 05, 10:23 PM
Marc Collins

Tried that, too and no change. Did you do any other sound adjustments?

Marc

Old March 1st 05, 12:09 AM
Mitch_A

Marc Collins wrote:

> Tried that, too and no change. Did you do any other sound adjustments?
>
> Marc
>

> "Mitch_A" > wrote in message
>> Marc Collins wrote:
>>
>>> I have dropped it to .6, .5, .3, .2 and finally .1...no difference. All
>>> the other values affect the sound, but the "other engines" are still
>>> about
>>> 5
>>> times louder than they should be. When I am at Dover, for example, I
>>> don't want the car a whole straight behind me to sound louder than my
>>> own engine.
>>> Adjusting this value worked in NT2004 if I recall, but no go here. I
>>> have
>>> read others suggesting adjusting it, so I assume it is adjustable for
>>> some? What values are people using?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>

>> IIRC I had to go down to the 0.03000 range.
>>
>> Mitch
>> --
>> Remove "nospam." to reply.
>> SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a

Yes I did make (way to many) other .plr tweaks so yes it could have been
something else but Im not sure which did it other than this one.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 1st 05, 01:00 AM
Marc Collins

And you can hear a dramatic difference (like it is now 1/3 what it used to
be)? The game is basically unplayable with the default levels and I can't
get it off of them! It is so aggravatingly loud and it blocks the sound of
the spotter and crew chief (which I have adjusted upward already). If you
could take a moment, please tell me what all your levels are set at. This
could be a Papy influence thing (remember the absurd and illogical volume
controls in N3 where if you had anything above 50% it didn't work
correctly?!?!?). If you have many levels fairly low vs. me who has them set
high...?? Although lots of other people are reporting they can't adjust it
either...

Thanks,

Marc

m...