2wd wranglers

Old October 7th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Troy

Default 2wd wranglers

I swear if any of you guys/girls get a 2wd wrangler and get stuck I'm gonna
laugh at you before I offer the tow rope, oh and take a picture too. I just
checked out the 07's on the website. At least only the 4 door wranglers
will be 2wd from what I can tell.

Troy

Old October 7th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_1_]

Troy wrote:

> I swear if any of you guys/girls get a 2wd wrangler and get stuck I'm gonna
> laugh at you before I offer the tow rope, oh and take a picture too. I just
> checked out the 07's on the website. At least only the 4 door wranglers
> will be 2wd from what I can tell.

Poseurs. I pulled an Explorer out of the mud this afternoon. The owner
began attaching the snatch strap to a flimsy 'cattle guard' on the
front, which was about 5/8" in diameter and wiggled badly when grabbed
and shaken. He didn't appreciate my comment about pulling the silly
thing off his sport-ute, then pulling him out of the mud.

Some are just into it for the looks. Four doors and 2wd seems to follow
this trend.
Old October 8th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

"Outatime" > wrote in message
. ..
> Troy wrote:
>
> > I swear if any of you guys/girls get a 2wd wrangler and get stuck I'm
> > gonna laugh at you before I offer the tow rope, oh and take a picture
> > too. I just checked out the 07's on the website. At least only the 4
> > door wranglers will be 2wd from what I can tell.

> Poseurs. I pulled an Explorer out of the mud this afternoon. The owner
> began attaching the snatch strap to a flimsy 'cattle guard' on the
> front, which was about 5/8" in diameter and wiggled badly when grabbed
> and shaken. He didn't appreciate my comment about pulling the silly
> thing off his sport-ute, then pulling him out of the mud.
>
> Some are just into it for the looks. Four doors and 2wd seems to follow
> this trend.

Give 'em a break. Would you rather go to the mall or soccer practice in a
2wd Liberty, or a 2wd Wrangler? What about cruisin' the local community
college for members of the opposite sex? You could just lower it, and put
monster speakers in the back. Boom, boom, boom, top down with those free
wheelin' hub caps spinnin' away like there's no tomorrow. "Hey Daryl, play
'Closer' again!"

Earle

Old October 8th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Outatime[_1_]

Earle Horton wrote:

> Give 'em a break. Would you rather go to the mall or soccer practice in a
> 2wd Liberty, or a 2wd Wrangler? What about cruisin' the local community
> college for members of the opposite sex? You could just lower it, and put
> monster speakers in the back. Boom, boom, boom, top down with those free
> wheelin' hub caps spinnin' away like there's no tomorrow. "Hey Daryl, play
> 'Closer' again!"

I'm with Troy on this one. Not only will I take pictures, laugh out
loud, but I'll also take $50 bucks cash before I even hook up the
D-shackle.

The only thing worse than someone who spends $50K on a 4WD Utility Truck
and never leaves pavement, is someone who spends $17k on a 2WD Wrangler
who DOES leave pavement. I'm surrounded by enough idiots as it is.
Old October 8th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Brett Ryan[_1_]

Troy,
I think that people who would buy such a thing would have no clue in
how to drive off road. Heck, I've known a lot of jeep owners that have
no clue about how to drive on a paved road. This is a move by DC's
marketing group. It will sell, and sell in good numbers to those who
like the Jeep "look" but don't want anything else from a Jeep.

Brett

Old October 8th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore

Brett Ryan wrote:
> Troy,
> I think that people who would buy such a thing would have no clue in
> how to drive off road. Heck, I've known a lot of jeep owners that have
> no clue about how to drive on a paved road. This is a move by DC's
> marketing group. It will sell, and sell in good numbers to those who
> like the Jeep "look" but don't want anything else from a Jeep.
>
> Brett

Do the 2WD's come with real soft springs, extra insulation and AC standard?
How about a few inches lower to the ground so the opposite sex can get in easier?

(My mom has a hell of a time getting in and out of a relative stocker!)

> Troy wrote:
>> I swear if any of you guys/girls get a 2wd wrangler and get stuck I'm
>> gonna laugh at you before I offer the tow rope, oh and take a picture
>> too. I just checked out the 07's on the website. At least only the 4
>> door wranglers will be 2wd from what I can tell.
>>
>> Troy

'97 SE Wrangler
Old October 8th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

Took my 75 year old mom out to lunch yesterday and she saw a Compass for
the first time.

Her reaction was exactly what DC wanted, she thought it was cute and it
got her thinking about wanting one.

She has no problem with my Cherokee, and one of her favorite things
about it is the grab handle above the passenger side door!

Mom is also the one who inadvertently pointed out why I never warmed to
the Liberty, first time she saw one she asked what it was, when I told
her she said it was ... CUTE.

Jeff DeWitt

Old October 8th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

My wife said the Liberty was "dorky". I think they're both right. I live
in an area of extreme snowfall, and one of the year 'round residents has
one. It can't be all bad.

Earle

. ..

Old October 8th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

No, the new Unlimited is really easy to get in and out of because it has the
exact same ground clearance as the Grand Cherokee.

Old October 8th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

And, when driven by someone with minimal skills, will go pretty much
anywhere that a 4x4 will except for poor traction or really rough
trails. As 2wd pickup and truck drivers have known for decades.
It if gets too rough for an International with dualies, you are probably
gonna need a cat or tractor anyway.

Brett Ryan proclaimed: