91 Accord Issues.

Old April 9th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 91 Accord Issues.

I have a very unique problem at hand. My 91 accord starts well, the
engine works nicely and i just replaced spark plug wires, radiator,
alternator, and air filter. I drove her up and down a mountain a lot
this winter, and she sat in the cold wind of a mountain for 2 months
solid, with only a little driving. Ok heres the issue: I start up and
everything works nicely untill ive been driving for 5-10 minutes. by
this point I notice the temp gauge is all the way up, even though im
not overheating. prob a ****ty Thermostat, maybe b/c i got a new
radiator?( i bled the lines when i replaced the radiator). But this
problem isnt as dangerous as my other. When i stop, the engine revs to
3,000 rpms. Not only does it rev, but my car wants to take off into
the car in front of me. So i have to use the e-brake so this doesnt
happen. Ive had this revving problem for a while now, but it never did
it at traffic lights, before it only happened when I put it in park.
My auto savy friend checked for vacuum leakes, and there was nothing.
theres one more symptom. Im driving and ill accellerate, which works
nicely. But once i take my foot off the gas, my car catches, like its
downshifting, but its not. It just jerks itself slower somehow. Wen i
press on the gas again, it takes a second, catches very roughly, jerks
me foreward. and then it works fine and smooth. It didnt do any of
this before the winter, so im scared the cold warped something deep
inside. But nontheless I am baffled, any advice would help me a ton,
and i could finally sell this relic. Thanks alot.

Old April 9th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

wrote:
> I have a very unique problem at hand. My 91 accord starts well, the
> engine works nicely and i just replaced spark plug wires, radiator,
> alternator, and air filter. I drove her up and down a mountain a lot
> this winter, and she sat in the cold wind of a mountain for 2 months
> solid, with only a little driving. Ok heres the issue: I start up and
> everything works nicely untill ive been driving for 5-10 minutes. by
> this point I notice the temp gauge is all the way up, even though im
> not overheating. prob a ****ty Thermostat, maybe b/c i got a new
> radiator?( i bled the lines when i replaced the radiator). But this
> problem isnt as dangerous as my other. When i stop, the engine revs to
> 3,000 rpms. Not only does it rev, but my car wants to take off into
> the car in front of me. So i have to use the e-brake so this doesnt
> happen. Ive had this revving problem for a while now, but it never did
> it at traffic lights, before it only happened when I put it in park.
> My auto savy friend checked for vacuum leakes, and there was nothing.
> theres one more symptom. Im driving and ill accellerate, which works
> nicely. But once i take my foot off the gas, my car catches, like its
> downshifting, but its not. It just jerks itself slower somehow. Wen i
> press on the gas again, it takes a second, catches very roughly, jerks
> me foreward. and then it works fine and smooth. It didnt do any of
> this before the winter, so im scared the cold warped something deep
> inside. But nontheless I am baffled, any advice would help me a ton,
> and i could finally sell this relic. Thanks alot.

----------------------------------

_ALL_ your symptoms say you have air in the cooling system. Check the
rad and the reservoir. If there's not enough 'reserve' in the reservoir,
the system can't displace the air. Owner's manual says you have to fill
it to -MAX- whenever you've had work performed on the cooling system.
There's a bleed nipple on the '91, so search Google, or
www.tegger.com
for bleeding procedure.

'Curly'
Old April 9th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

ok curly im gunna check it out. do you think the fact i have mice in
my car could have anything to do with it? maybe they chewed some lines
or did something else.. i dunno. thanks alot for the help tho, very
very helpful you are.

94 Accord EX transmission Issues... [email protected] Honda 2 January 20th 07 04:13 PM
'99 Accord - Oil Consumption and Other Issues Paul G Honda 2 September 6th 06 02:41 PM
1992 Accord stutter. Possible EGR issues. Greg Campbell Honda 1 August 11th 06 04:50 AM
2000 Accord Idle Issues Butt0nz Honda 5 June 5th 06 06:34 PM
2003 Accord headlight issues Fred D Honda 2 December 23rd 05 06:56 PM