YJ front locker?

Old April 9th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

Default YJ front locker?

What would anyone recomend for a front locker for a 95 YJ dana 30, cheap,
I put an Ox in my CJ front end, love it, but daughter can't afford a grand
for that, she has a detroit in the ford 9" rear end by the way.

Old April 9th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl S

I would want a selectable in the front, but the only selectables I know of
are Ox and ARB, both $$. Powertrax lockright is a great lunchbox locker, and
cheap, too.

Carl

Old April 9th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SnoMan

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 18:39:59 -0700, "Carl S"
> wrote:

>Powertrax lockright is a great lunchbox locker, and
>cheap, too.

And a very poor choice for a front drive axle. It can only drive both
ties at same speed or drive one wheel coasting the other under little
or no power. It will increase turning radius in 4x4 and it will send a
LOT or torque whip back through steering wheel in tight turns (because
Ujoint are not constant velocity). You want a selectable locker or a
True Trax gear based LSD up there (the True Trax plays well in front
drive axle and Oshkosh snow plow trucks have been using gear based LSD
for about 30 years now and there is nothing light duty about them)
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old April 9th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

"Greg" > wrote in message
> What would anyone recomend for a front locker for a 95 YJ
> dana 30, cheap, I put an Ox in my CJ front end, love it, but
> daughter can't afford a grand for that, she has a detroit in the
> ford 9" rear end by the way.

Workable solutions are Warn locking hubs for the front, over a grand I
think, or something like an Ox. If you can psyche yourself into believing
that the permanently locked driver's side hub won't affect anything, you
might try something cheaper.

Earle

Old April 9th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

I vote lunchbox, as already suggested, but if want to see eyes light up
as you crawl passed them, go Lincoln Locker:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/lincolnLocker.mpg
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 9th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SnoMan

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:07:34 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> wrote:

>if want to see eyes light up
>as you crawl passed them, go Lincoln Locker:

This is the absolute poorest choice for a front axle. Just do that and
try to drive and manuver it.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old April 9th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

"SnoMan" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:07:34 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> > wrote:
>
>>if want to see eyes light up
>>as you crawl passed them, go Lincoln Locker:

> This is the absolute poorest choice for a front axle. Just do that and
> try to drive and manuver it.
> -----------------
> TheSnoMan.com

First, you're an idiot snojob.
Second, no one invited your bull**** here.
Third, if you spent any quality time in this group at all, you'd know that
Bill was kidding.
So, go back to your hole.

Spdloader

Old April 9th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

And the OP's YJ has an axle disconnect that makes your comments irrelevant.

Old April 9th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

SnoMan wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:07:34 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> > wrote:
>
>> if want to see eyes light up
>> as you crawl passed them, go Lincoln Locker:

> This is the absolute poorest choice for a front axle. Just do that and
> try to drive and manuver it.
> -----------------
> TheSnoMan.com

YJ's have an axle disconnect....

You should stick to your J10 driveway snow plow SnoMan, we actually
drive our 4x4's off and 'on' the road in this group.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 9th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SnoMan

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:29:36 -0400, "Spdloader"
> wrote:

>First, you're an idiot snojob.
>Second, no one invited your bull**** here.
>Third, if you spent any quality time in this group at all, you'd know that

Once a troll always a troll as you just cannot get it out of your
blood can you. You may think your are being cute but others can see
you for what you are. Some come here looking for advise and some like
you come here to make jokes and act like a troll. Knock yourself out!
TheSnoMan.com