2WD Wrangler...?????

Old September 30th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Herb Leong

Default 2WD Wrangler...?????

A fairly standard trick with the ElCamino is to pop off the hatch
on the truck's bed and attach lead weights to the seatbelt mounts
(same basic frame as a the stationwagon) to give it traction so it
won't sit there spinning it's wheels while the other guy is halfway
down the block already...

My wife's grandfather used a toolbox full of crap instead.

And speaking about a 2wd 'Wrangler' being worse than a sports car
in snow, I would have to add anything more difficult than damp
beach sand to that list.

/herb

In article >,
Earle Horton > wrote:
#That's why you put sand bags or old cast iron radiators in the back.
#
#Earle
#
#"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
#> Nope, I have seen it also. The first 'Wrangler' Jeep ever to be sold in
#> Canada comes in 2 wheel drive. Go figure....
#>
#> A Wrangler with it's light rear end is worse than a sports car in 2
#> wheel drive in snow.
#>
Old September 30th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne

I'm actually quite surprised to hear you say that - I haven't had any
problems with the Wrangler in snow.
Perhaps down to the tyres (I'm running 31x10.50 BFG MTs) ? Or may be I've
just driven more evil handling
cars.

Dave

t...

Old September 30th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeepnstein

Right. They were tough little buggers, too.

J.

Old September 30th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John in Vegas

from what I can tell from JEEP web site only the 4 door are available in 2wd.

John in Vegas

Old October 1st 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

They all came with Dana 44s. Unfortunately most came with right
hand drives.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 1st 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
John in Vegas

A Co. I drove for picked up a couple of those rt. handers for us to use
when at the terminal. Fun to drive but better pay attention!!

John in Vegas

Old October 1st 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

There's a fifty mile stretch leading away from Shannon
International, Ireland, the most dangerous road in the world.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 2nd 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep, saves 2K off the MSRP. Guess I didn't know it was available that way.

More evidence that the 07 4-dr Wrangler is the true replacement for the
Cherokee, which was also available in a 2wds version.

Old October 2nd 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

The 4 door will probably handle better in two wheel drive in snow than the 2
door would.

Earle

. ..

Old October 2nd 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

The wheelbase on the 4 door is six and a half inches longer than a Grand
Cherokee and the overall length is over 13 inches longer and weight 500
pounds more to boot!

On the plus side the is not quite a quarter of an inch extra ground
clearance..

m...