Check Engine Light

Old September 10th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
zasimom

Default Check Engine Light

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with 124,000 miles on it. My check engine light
came about two weeks ago and I took it to Auto Zone to check it out. The guy
there told me it was either the crankshaft or camshaft, I'm not sure which
one it was. Well today, I went there to check it again so I could get the
part for someone to fix it. Today another guy told me the codes, but they
were totally different. Today 3 codes came up (bare with me since I am dumb
when it comes to cars). One code said Tran Pressure System (something)Range,
another said Gear 1 Ratio Incorrect, and the third said Manufactor Control
Transmission error. Does this mean that my transmission is going to die on me
and I am going to have to spend thousands of money to fix? I don't know if
anyone can help me, I know the guy at Auto Zone wasn't too helpful at all.

The problem is that when I start to slow down, the car will do a slight jerk
and then when I try to regain speed again, it doesn't seem to want to go into
overdrive. If I stop the car and restart it, it will work fine for awhile
until I start to slow down again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old September 14th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Bruce Yelen

Sounds like your tranny has gone into "limp mode". Essentially, if the
transmission computer detects a malfunction, the tranny goes into 2nd gear
and stays there. You'll need to go into a good transmission shop and have
them hook up their test equipment. It could be anything from a sensor gone
bad, to the tranny requiring a rebuild (sorry).

-Bruce

Old September 14th 06, 02:57 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
zasimom via CarKB.com

Thank you for your response. I'm hoping that it's just a sensor. I have
already had to go the rebuild transmission route once before with another
Dodge of mine, I would hate to go there again.

Old September 14th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
zasimom via CarKB.com