License Plate Bracket

Old December 31st 05, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default License Plate Bracket

Hey group:

Daughter has a 1996 Mustang GT. Would like to put a front license plate on
it. I don't see any mounting holes. Please advise how to mount a license
plate bracket.

Thanks in advance.
gjt

Old December 31st 05, 12:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Unless it's illegal to run without a front plate, why would you want to
drill it?

It's considered a GOOD thing to not have holes in the front bumper of your
Mustang.

Otherwise. If you MUST ugly up the front of the car look closely. There are
small (tiny even) dimples where the front bracket (dealer item) goes.
You will have to drill the bumper and mount the bracket (A big ugly black
boxy looking thing) then put that plate on it.

If it's just for a plate that reads "Spoiled Princess" I say attach it to
the back of her pants and tell her that's all she gets.

KJK

"gjt" > wrote in message
: Hey group:
:

Old December 31st 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"KJ.Kate" > wrote in message
> Unless it's illegal to run without a front plate, why would you want to
> drill it?
>
> It's considered a GOOD thing to not have holes in the front bumper of your
> Mustang.
>
> Otherwise. If you MUST ugly up the front of the car look closely. There
> are
> small (tiny even) dimples where the front bracket (dealer item) goes.
> You will have to drill the bumper and mount the bracket (A big ugly black
> boxy looking thing) then put that plate on it.
>
> If it's just for a plate that reads "Spoiled Princess" I say attach it to
> the back of her pants and tell her that's all she gets.
>
> KJK

Spoiled princess? It's only a '96. That's a 10-year-old car! Even used
sparingly, it'd probably be pushing 100,000 miles on the clock.

A true spoiled princess should have at least a 2005 model.

dwight
(I should talk: if it was a 1988 LX convertible with the mighty 4-cylinder
engine, he could put a tag up front reading "Princessmobile.")

Old December 31st 05, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Damn and I was going to use that one for my car. Just as well i don't have a
front bracket either.
Cobraboy '98 convert

Old January 1st 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"dwight" > wrote
: > If it's just for a plate that reads "Spoiled Princess" I say attach it
: > the back of her pants and tell her that's all she gets.
: >
: > KJK
:
: Spoiled princess? It's only a '96. That's a 10-year-old car! Even used
: sparingly, it'd probably be pushing 100,000 miles on the clock.
:
: A true spoiled princess should have at least a 2005 model.
:
: dwight
: (I should talk: if it was a 1988 LX convertible with the mighty 4-cylinder
: engine, he could put a tag up front reading "Princessmobile.")
:

Well, the guy that bought Shug got her for a 15 year old.

You just never know

KJK

:

Old January 1st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

We could get you one in pink sparkly stuff and you could zip tie it on.. ta
da!

KJK
;ŹD

"Cobra Boy" > wrote in message
: Damn and I was going to use that one for my car. Just as well i don't have
: front bracket either.
: Cobraboy '98 convert
: ...

Old January 1st 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Now that would look spiffy lol
Cobraboy '98 convert

Old January 2nd 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, gjt wrote:
> Hey group:
>
> Daughter has a 1996 Mustang GT. Would like to put a front license plate on
> it. I don't see any mounting holes. Please advise how to mount a license
> plate bracket.

On backside of the bumper cover there 4 screw bosses molded in. If you
look really close there are tiny dimples on the outside that show where
to drill. I drilled my with a tiny bit to make a starter hole. (just did
the second bumper for the car not that long ago. I could scan in a
template for you if needed. But you'll still have to locate two of the
holes to use the template. The two bottom ones can be felt if you reach
your hand in around the back of the bumper. There might be a way to get
a very small drill in there. There isn't much to go through, probably
just paint and primer.

Old January 2nd 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, Brent P wrote:
> In article >, gjt wrote:
>> Hey group:
>>
>> Daughter has a 1996 Mustang GT. Would like to put a front license plate on
>> it. I don't see any mounting holes. Please advise how to mount a license
>> plate bracket.

> On backside of the bumper cover there 4 screw bosses molded in. If you
> look really close there are tiny dimples on the outside that show where
> I could scan in a
> template for you if needed. But you'll still have to locate two of the

Ok, I just went and made one....

http://www.geocities.com/tetraethyll...tang-plate.doc

Just drill a tiny hole first and let the screw enlarge it. That way if
it's a bit off center the walls of the boss sould guide the screw to
center.

Got another idea for locating the bottom two... If you can get an awl or
similiar tool in there it might be possible to push the point of it
through from the back. There isn't much material there blocking the
holes.