Yokohama ES 100 tires

Old December 29th 04, 04:25 PM
Randy Maheux

Default Yokohama ES 100 tires

FWIW, I've had my Yokohama ES 100 tires (205-45/16) for a 10 days now and
thought I'd report back. I haven't gone up in the mountains yet, but in
spirited city driving that they seem at least as "sticky" as the Bridgestone
Portenza's they replaced. They have also done well in our recent rains.
They are a bit noisier, somewhere between the Michelin's (worst) that came
on my 2000 and the Dunlop's (D6s??) (quietest) that replaced them. The
biggest difference I have noticed is that they ride harshly over pavement
joints and small bumps. All in all, I like them better than the
Bridgestone's and much better than the Michelins, but liked the Dunlop's I
had on my 2000 best (no longer made). Next time I may try Dunlop's.

Randy

Old December 29th 04, 07:24 PM
Dana H. Myers

Randy Maheux wrote:
> FWIW, I've had my Yokohama ES 100 tires (205-45/16) for a 10 days now and
> thought I'd report back. I haven't gone up in the mountains yet, but in
> spirited city driving that they seem at least as "sticky" as the Bridgestone
> Portenza's they replaced. They have also done well in our recent rains.
> They are a bit noisier, somewhere between the Michelin's (worst) that came
> on my 2000 and the Dunlop's (D6s??) (quietest) that replaced them. The
> biggest difference I have noticed is that they ride harshly over pavement
> joints and small bumps. All in all, I like them better than the
> Bridgestone's and much better than the Michelins, but liked the Dunlop's I
> had on my 2000 best (no longer made). Next time I may try Dunlop's.

I've had a set of ES100s on my '02 SE for about 3000 miles,
rotated once. My experience is very similar to yours; they're
a little harsh over bumps, certainly noisy but not offensively
so, and feel fairly crisp in turning.

I do not have any wet-weather experience with them, though -
I leave the Miata in the garage when it's wet out ;-)

Dana