Electric car fleet to hit the road in Israel

Old October 26th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Electric car fleet to hit the road in Israel

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=297576
cuhulin

Old October 27th 10, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
zzyzzx

I've been expecting them to be the first country to try something like
this on this scale, but I'm wondering what took them so long.
Old July 20th 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"zzyzzx" > wrote in message
> I've been expecting them to be the first country to try something like
> this on this scale, but I'm wondering what took them so long.

They are probably smarter than we are.. An electric car is probably not very
practical for
Israel.

Old July 20th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ben91932

> > I've been expecting them to be the first country to try something like
> > this on this scale, but I'm wondering what took them so long.

They are setting up a nation wide network of battery charging and
battery swapping stations.
I think its a great idea...
Ben
Old July 25th 11, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:06:12 -0700, ben91932 wrote:

>> > I've been expecting them to be the first country to try something
>> > like this on this scale, but I'm wondering what took them so long.

> They are setting up a nation wide network of battery charging and
> battery swapping stations.
> I think its a great idea...
> Ben

And how large is Israel? It will work in a very small country the size
of Delaware, maybe, but nationwide in the US, I do not think it has a
chance.
Old July 28th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Clive[_2_]

In message >,
sctvguy1 > writes

>> They are setting up a nation wide network of battery charging and
>> battery swapping stations.
>> I think its a great idea...
>> Ben

>And how large is Israel? It will work in a very small country the size
>of Delaware, maybe, but nationwide in the US, I do not think it has a
>chance.

Something on tonight's (27th) news about charging stations being spread
around the countries m/way service stations, though it did say that
stops would be long as a fast charge is still two hours.
--
Clive