Found a Puma audience

Old November 8th 04, 10:58 PM
Dennis Wik

Default Found a Puma audience

Today I took my Puma for a run to the hospital PT where my wife was
getting a neck treatment. I was in the parking lot showing the car for
almost an hour to the staff from different departments as the word
spread. Two doctors are sports car people and they went nuts. The one
races his Shelby and could not get enough of my car. My ego is pumped
more than all the shows I've been to. Medical people have great taste.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old November 9th 04, 12:04 AM
jjs

"Dennis Wik" > wrote in message
> Today I took my Puma for a run to the hospital PT where my wife was
> getting a neck treatment. I was in the parking lot showing the car for
> almost an hour to the staff from different departments as the word
> spread. Two doctors are sports car people and they went nuts. The one
> races his Shelby and could not get enough of my car. My ego is pumped
> more than all the shows I've been to. Medical people have great taste.

Way to go, Den. And best to your wife.

John

Old November 9th 04, 12:04 AM
jjs

Ah, forgot to mention.

There is a KELMARK in my future.

Old November 9th 04, 12:36 AM
Dennis Wik

John, tell me more about the Kelmark. I understand that they all had a
metal-flake finish and the first ones had side scoops. Dennis

Old November 9th 04, 02:59 AM
Ben Boyle

Isn't it a neat feeling? I get a bit of that with my Beetle but there isn't as much fascination because most people know
what it is. However, I get alot of that with my Citroen 2CV!

Old November 9th 04, 12:51 PM
Dennis Wik

Yes, it is a great feeling. I think it is when someone sees what you
see in your ride without prompting that blew me away. The rest was pure
gravy. Dennis

Old November 9th 04, 03:11 PM
jjs

"Dennis Wik" > wrote in message
> Yes, it is a great feeling. I think it is when someone sees what you
> see in your ride without prompting that blew me away. The rest was pure
> gravy. Dennis

Ya know, it actually embarasses me to return to my GTII-e with a crowd
around it. Me, the olde pharte getting into it kinda ruins the whole scene.
And now it looks like I might get a Dino. Decisions, decisions.

Old November 9th 04, 09:52 PM
Dennis Wik

John, do it for yourself, not for the reflections in the eyeballs of
others. I get a thrill just driving my old stuff and so should you.
If you don't have it, you can't drive it. If ya ain't goin' ta do it
just because you think it don't look right for an old pharte to be doin'
it, you ain't lookin' at it right John. You should quit doin' it
(whatever it is) when you can't do it anymore or can't remember how to
do it anymore. Now go and sin more without guilt.

Old December 6th 04, 03:28 AM
Dennis Wik

Glad to do it....I would love the airflow also. Dennis