Tangent-But important

Old March 14th 05, 05:51 PM
It DRIVES me crazy 2

Default Tangent-But important

Dear Drivers,

I was talking with an insurance broker and when I mentioned that I have
Life insurance with CNA, he replied that they may be out of business.
Here I was faithfully mailing my monthly payments and somebody was
telling me that it may be a black hole.

I went to the AM Best site to check it out and sure enuf...the outlook
for the company was negative. So, I am passing on this info: Go to
www.ambest.com and sign up (top right) at no cost. You can check out
the Insurance companies that you are making payments to...Hopefully,
they will all be A++

Peter

Old March 14th 05, 07:51 PM
The Office Jet

That's scary that you could have been sending money to a company from
which you would be unable to recieve any real benefits.

Old March 14th 05, 08:12 PM
Furious George

The Office Jet wrote:
> That's scary that you could have been sending money to a company from
> which you would be unable to recieve any real benefits.

I would hope that they use reinsurance to insure the policy against
bankruptcy. Does anyone know?

Old March 14th 05, 09:49 PM
The Office Jet

I think they would have to use reinsurance. it's just scary to realize
how little control you really have over something like that. I imagine
it would be a hassle to get everything straightened out with the
reinsurance company.

Old March 14th 05, 11:06 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Furious George wrote:
> The Office Jet wrote:
> > That's scary that you could have been sending money to a company

from
> > which you would be unable to recieve any real benefits.

> I would hope that they use reinsurance to insure the policy against
> bankruptcy. Does anyone know?

Yes, and yes.

Always ask the Bankruptcy Guy.
--