GTP Installation

Old March 6th 05, 09:17 PM
Timmy Ferrell

Default GTP Installation

If anyone is planning on installing GTP, you may want to do an install over
a clean version on N 2003. I tried to install it with the other mods and it
didn;'t react well at all.
Timmy

Old March 6th 05, 09:27 PM
Dave Henrie

"Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in
:

> If anyone is planning on installing GTP, you may want to do an install
> over a clean version on N 2003. I tried to install it with the other
> mods and it didn;'t react well at all.
> Timmy

I, being a lazy sot and not liking to be told what to do, did the
opposite. I installed over my working nr2k3 with tptcc, Ferrari 330 and
PWF and Busch mods and guess what...? It works and so far the tptcc mod
works too. (I haven't tested the others)
I would recomend tho...that you all follow Redline's advice and do a
clean install. Better safe than sorry eh?

dave henrie
Old March 6th 05, 09:32 PM
bluestringer

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in
> :
>

> > If anyone is planning on installing GTP, you may want to do an install
> > over a clean version on N 2003. I tried to install it with the other
> > mods and it didn;'t react well at all.
> > Timmy

Did you do second install into another folder? I would like to keep my
other mods as is. Can I have 2 installs of N2003?

bluestringer

Old March 6th 05, 09:43 PM
Dave Henrie

"bluestringer" > wrote in news:BLJWd.18798$%Y4.6684
@bignews6.bellsouth.net:

> Did you do second install into another folder? I would like to keep my
> other mods as is. Can I have 2 installs of N2003?
>
> bluestringer

Sure you can and THAT is the recomended method. Acording to the readme,
GTP likes a nice clean version of Nr2k3 to play with.

dh
Old March 6th 05, 11:44 PM
mcewena

If not it gest one by buggering up your existing tarnished version.
GTP adnTPTCC now both hang after a 100 or so yards in the car...

Old March 7th 05, 01:05 AM
David G Fisher

"mcewena" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> If not it gest one by buggering up your existing tarnished version.
> GTP adnTPTCC now both hang after a 100 or so yards in the car...

I installed to my existing N2003 install, and now both GTP and N2003 shut
down after about a minute of driving.

I was lazy.
--
David G Fisher

Old March 7th 05, 03:35 AM
David G Fisher

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "mcewena" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > If not it gest one by buggering up your existing tarnished version.
> > GTP adnTPTCC now both hang after a 100 or so yards in the car...

> I installed to my existing N2003 install, and now both GTP and N2003 shut
> down after about a minute of driving.
>
> I was lazy.
> --
> David G Fisher

I re-installed N2003, and then did a second install to another folder just
for GTP. Still closes down before I finish a lap. Love the mod, but it's
been a huge pain in the a**. :-)

--
David G Fisher

Old March 7th 05, 04:31 AM
David G Fisher

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> >
> > "mcewena" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > If not it gest one by buggering up your existing tarnished version.
> > > GTP adnTPTCC now both hang after a 100 or so yards in the car...

> > I installed to my existing N2003 install, and now both GTP and N2003

shut
> > down after about a minute of driving.
> >
> > I was lazy.
> > --
> > David G Fisher

> I re-installed N2003, and then did a second install to another folder just
> for GTP. Still closes down before I finish a lap. Love the mod, but it's
> been a huge pain in the a**. :-)
>

> --
> David G Fisher

3d audio was on by default again. My fault for not checking it. Works fine
now.

--
David G Fisher

Old March 8th 05, 01:26 AM
Russell

David G Fisher wrote:
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>
>>"mcewena" > wrote in message
groups.com...

>>>If not it gest one by buggering up your existing tarnished version.
>>>GTP adnTPTCC now both hang after a 100 or so yards in the car...

>>I installed to my existing N2003 install, and now both GTP and N2003 shut
>>down after about a minute of driving.
>>
>>I was lazy.
>>--
>>David G Fisher

> I re-installed N2003, and then did a second install to another folder just
> for GTP. Still closes down before I finish a lap. Love the mod, but it's
> been a huge pain in the a**. :-)

Make a new user profile. It said that in the readme (or someplace.) I
forgot to do it and it crashed as I drove out of the pits. Made a new
profile and it works fine. Hope that fixes it for you.

Russell
Old March 8th 05, 07:51 PM
Larry

I'll do without then.

I'm not wiping out my NR2003 install just for GTP. It takes too damned long
to build back up.

-Larry