Copy of email to [email protected]

Old March 6th 05, 03:22 PM
Alex Buell

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:13:51 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> wrote:

>Please top-post. I am fed up with haviong to scroll down reams of text =

(not=20
>in this case!) to get to a reply...

If you bothered to snip, you wouldn't have to scroll down "reams of
text".

Cheers,
Alex.
--=20
http://www.munted.org.uk
Old March 6th 05, 03:33 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I have to scroll down to see what the latest poster wrote, and that can be a
long way down in many cases.

DAS

---

--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Old March 6th 05, 03:36 PM
Alex Buell

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:33:40 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> wrote:

>I have to scroll down to see what the latest poster wrote, and that can =

be a=20
>long way down in many cases.

Post to uk.misc, abide by the charter.

Cheers,
Alex.
--=20
http://www.munted.org.uk
Old March 6th 05, 04:01 PM

Costing the net hundreds if not thousands of dollars, Dori A
Schmetterling said:
> Well, old chap, it might help if you give a hint of what it is supposed to
> be about.
>
> The various links reposted don't seem to satisfy your requirements.
>
> http://alphacourse.org/ ?
>

> DAS
>
> For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
> ---
>
> " > wrote in message
> t...
> [...]
> >>
> >> Indeed. Again I cry (excuse me) HUGE! WHERE'S THAT FEKKIN LINK?

> [...]

No, I didn't say that. That was Julian.
--
tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger
Old March 6th 05, 04:02 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
pete > wrote:
> Yes I definitely bought the wrong one but it has coloured my opinion
> of BMW as a car maker. Perhaps if I get a bit of time without any more
> down time I may mellow;-)

It's possibly not the car's fault totally. You've no real idea how it was
treated from new?

--
*Re-elect nobody

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old March 6th 05, 05:07 PM
Linz

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:55:31 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> wrote:

>Well, old chap, it might help if you give a hint of what it is supposed to
>be about.

Perhaps if you read, and posted, in the correct order, it might have
made sense.

Top-posting makes Baby Jesus cry.
--
The point of education is to correct ignorance. It cannot deal with stupidity.
(Mortimer Hebblethwaite, uk.misc)
Old March 6th 05, 05:08 PM

Apparently on date Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:33:40 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> said:

>I have to scroll down to see what the latest poster wrote, and that can be a
>long way down in many cases.
>
>DAS
>
>For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
>---
>
>"Alex Buell" > wrote in message
.. .
>On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:13:51 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> wrote:
>
>>Please top-post. I am fed up with haviong to scroll down reams of text
>>(not
>>in this case!) to get to a reply...

>If you bothered to snip, you wouldn't have to scroll down "reams of
>text".
>
>Cheers,
>Alex.
>--
>http://www.munted.org.uk

None-the-less, it is good etiquette in *this* newsgroup to trim quotes and
inline post. You can go to a different newsgroup where they like to top post
instead, obviously, but if you stay here you will get told off by everyone else
if you don't.

This is mainly about being polite. I'm fairly sure uk.misc and alt.autos.bmw
will be the same, but it's definitely true in uk.rec.cars.misc

Old March 6th 05, 05:57 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Alex Buell" > wrote
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:33:40 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling" wrote:
>
> >I have to scroll down to see what the latest poster wrote, and that can
> >be a
> >long way down in many cases.

> Post to uk.misc, abide by the charter.

Except that Dori is posting to alt.autos.bmw. Since your posts
are ending up here, why don't you abide by charter and not post
in HTML?

Floyd

Old March 6th 05, 06:28 PM
Alex Buell

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:57:24 -0800, "fbloogyudsr"
> wrote:

>"Alex Buell" > wrote
>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:33:40 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling" wrote:
>>
>> >I have to scroll down to see what the latest poster wrote, and that can
>> >be a
>> >long way down in many cases.

>> Post to uk.misc, abide by the charter.

>Except that Dori is posting to alt.autos.bmw. Since your posts
>are ending up here, why don't you abide by charter and not post
>in HTML?

Is this better? My apologies for not realising I was posting in HTML.

Cheers,
Alex.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk
Old March 6th 05, 06:34 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Alex Buell" > wrote
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:57:24 -0800, "fbloogyudsr" wrote:

>>> Post to uk.misc, abide by the charter.

>>Except that Dori is posting to alt.autos.bmw. Since your posts
>>are ending up here, why don't you abide by charter and not post
>>in HTML?

> Is this better? My apologies for not realising I was posting in HTML.

Excellent. And now we can both rant abut cross-posting.

Floyd