Steering Rack

Old February 10th 05, 12:57 AM
mic canic

no there was a running change about 2 years ago on all p/steering fluids and
there is a tsb for this but i don't have the tsb # handy

Old February 10th 05, 01:22 AM
Bill Putney

Mike Behnke wrote:

> ncs wrote:
>
>> thanks for the advice. I'm wasn't aware that there could be a wrong
>> fluid. I used Valvoline SynPower. Is there a more preferred brand
>> that's better ?
>>

> When all else fails, read the freaking owners manual [or call your local
> dealer].

Except that won't help on some late model Chryslers where the manual
says don't use ATF, but the TSB specifically says it supercedes the
manual and to use ATF+4 (certain vehicles).

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old February 20th 05, 03:27 AM
rob

I replaced the one in my 86 lebaron T and C and the one from Chrysler was
cheapest believe it or not. never had another problem with it after that.

"ncs" > wrote in message ...
> I have a 93 3.3 Grand Caravan. About 2 years ago I had to replace the
> steering rack. Last year I had to do it again because it was leaking.

Now
> I see it's starting to leak again. The racks are remanufactured from
> CarQuest. Lifetime warranty, but I don't like the idea of replacing them
> every year or 18 months. Has anyone else had bad experiences with

CarQuest
> parts or steering racks in general ? Any suggestions on where to get a
> better part or are they remanufactured by only a few companies.
>
> thanks,
> Nick

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Rack and Pinion failure Tom B Chrysler 8 January 29th 05 05:52 PM
Steering Rack Part No. Query (A100 T44) Ovalking Audi 1 January 27th 05 01:59 AM
Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 01:59 AM
Cracked Steering Damper Assembly- Be careful Jason 4x4 2 May 19th 04 12:42 PM