2 types of front brakes for 75 2.0 TS?

Old October 28th 04, 02:42 PM
DesmaisonLCM

Default 2 types of front brakes for 75 2.0 TS?

It appears that there are two types of front brakes for Alfa 75 2.0 TS. A
first assembly with brake callipers from BREMBO with double pistons for the
cars of 1896 to October 1989 and another in brake callipers from ATE for the
cars of 1989 to 1992. Can you assure me this evolution?
TIA
Bruno.
Old October 28th 04, 03:37 PM
argonauta

test test

Old October 28th 04, 08:20 PM
Catman

DesmaisonLCM wrote:

> It appears that there are two types of front brakes for Alfa 75 2.0 TS. A
> first assembly with brake callipers from BREMBO with double pistons for
> the cars of 1896 to October 1989 and another in brake callipers from ATE
> for the
> cars of 1989 to 1992. Can you assure me this evolution?
> TIA

It may be possible, but I've never heard of it. I'm pretty sure the pads
are the same but ISTBC
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 29th 04, 07:49 AM
DesmaisonLCM

>It may be possible, but I've never heard of it. I'm pretty sure the pads
>are the same but ISTBC

no, it's the problem, pads are not exactly the same, bigger on the Brembo
calliper than on the ATE. they are of form square with two holes in top for
the passage of the pin for ATE whereas the others for brembo are also square
but with the two angles of the low cuts at 45° .
If you just look at the inner side of your brake calliper you can easly read
brembo with their logo engraved .
The strange thing is that my 75 is from october 1990 and must be with ATE but i
have brembo on it !
Bruno.
Old October 29th 04, 03:32 PM
Catman

DesmaisonLCM wrote:

>>It may be possible, but I've never heard of it. I'm pretty sure the pads
>>are the same but ISTBC

> no, it's the problem, pads are not exactly the same, bigger on the Brembo
> calliper than on the ATE. they are of form square with two holes in top
> for the passage of the pin for ATE whereas the others for brembo are also
> square but with the two angles of the low cuts at 45° .

Well, you learn something new every day.

> If you just look at the inner side of your brake calliper you can easly
> read brembo with their logo engraved .
> The strange thing is that my 75 is from october 1990 and must be with ATE
> but i
> have brembo on it !

Sure they weren't just fitted later?