OT Another Kind of Spam

Old December 13th 04, 03:20 AM
Charles Fregeau

Default OT Another Kind of Spam

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
> Anyone hear about that new 411 directory for celll phone users that is
> coming
> soon. Article here.
> http://www.heraldnews.com/site/news....1710&PAG=461&d
> ept_id=99784&rfi=6
>
> It is bad enough getting all those annoying calls on your home phone
> without
> somebody calling your cell. Whats worse is that when they call you on
> your
> cell, you are paying for them to bug the S&#$ out of you trying to sell
> insurance or whatever.
>
> Another kind of spam that has been buggin me lately is those morons that
> come
> up to your car window at a stop light. Some are for chairitable donations,
> some
> want money to work for food, or sometimes it is someone just passing out
> information. When I am in my car I don't want to be bothered by someone
> holding
> up traffic whatever reason they think is important. I have been pestered
> by
> this a couple of times in the last Two weeks. Once was while waiting for
> my
> order at the line in a fast food restaurant.
>

> Bill Berckman
> 67 Beetle

Didn't Queen Elizabeth I enact a law against "sturdy beggars"? I would have
thought that it would be a part of our law by precedent, as well as English
Common Law. Of course, Rudi Giulianni got busted by the media for getting
rid of the 'sturdy beggars'.

Charles of Kankakee

Old December 13th 04, 06:21 PM
Bill Berckman

>Didn't Queen Elizabeth I enact a law against "sturdy beggars"? I would have
>thought that it would be a part of our law by precedent, as well as English
>Common Law. Of course, Rudi Giulianni got busted by the media for getting
>rid of the 'sturdy beggars'.
>
>Charles of Kankakee

It is not that I am not charitable, but when you are in the city and take out
your wallet to throw someone a buck, they could easily grab it out of your hand
and run and you are stuck sitting at the light.
Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old December 13th 04, 07:09 PM
Kidd Andersson

>It is not that I am not charitable, but when you are in the city and take out
>your wallet to throw someone a buck, they could easily grab it out of your
>hand
>and run and you are stuck sitting at the light.
>Bill Berckman
>67 Beetle

Which is why I keep my doors locked, and the window rolled down no more than an
inch. I can get the money out of my wallet and pass it out that little inch and
they can't reach in and grab the rest of my ****.
And if they try to break my window, I'm fast enough to grab the gun under the
seat and make them **** their pants.

K.

John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html
Old December 14th 04, 04:54 AM
Charles Fregeau

"Kidd Andersson" > wrote in message
> >It is not that I am not charitable, but when you are in the city and take
> >out
>>your wallet to throw someone a buck, they could easily grab it out of your
>>hand
>>and run and you are stuck sitting at the light.
>>Bill Berckman
>>67 Beetle

> Which is why I keep my doors locked, and the window rolled down no more
> than an
> inch. I can get the money out of my wallet and pass it out that little
> inch and
> they can't reach in and grab the rest of my ****.
> And if they try to break my window, I'm fast enough to grab the gun under
> the
> seat and make them **** their pants.
>
> K.
>
> John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html

Everybody run! The Homecoming Queen's got a gun!

GD&RRF

Charles of Kankakee

Old December 14th 04, 10:34 PM
bug '59

Is it not possible to just block those numbers in your phone?
Or do they use an untraceble number?

Roger

"Bill Berckman" > schreef in bericht

Old December 15th 04, 06:21 AM
Bill Berckman

Roger wrote:

>Is it not possible to just block those numbers in your phone?
>Or do they use an untraceble number?
>
>Roger

At least on my cell phone, I don't know how to block numbers. Alot of the
solicitors use an untraceable number.

Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old December 15th 04, 08:03 PM
vwluvrs

Ahh, but they will also be looking to send you text messages, which you
pay for no matter what....
Be afraid, be very afraid!
Old December 16th 04, 03:01 AM
Howard Rose

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:03:11 -0800, vwluvrs > wrote:

>Ahh, but they will also be looking to send you text messages, which you
>pay for no matter what....

Hmm.. getting a bit confused here.. you mean you pay to recevie text
messages and phone calls? I hadn't realised that!

It's different over here... you only pay to make the call or to send
the message... costs the receiver nothing... but I bet it's twice as
expensive to do so.. he he

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe