2006 ION fails to start after sitting in the sun.

Old October 10th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
niplig

Default 2006 ION fails to start after sitting in the sun.

I have a 2006 Saturn Ion (6000 miles/< 6 months old) and have had
starting problems 5 or 6 times. It always seems to be when it has been
sitting in the sun. Sometimes I turn the key and NOTHING happens.
Sometimes it turns over but does not start. Multiple tries leads to
the same thing or both scenarios happening. Sometimes it will
eventually start (even in the sun) but it has always started once the
car has cooled down/in the shade. It happened yesterday and I dropped
it off at a dealer this AM. Have not heard a word yet but, as I told
them on the note I left, I fully expect that it will start unless it
has been sitting in the sun. Any ideas? Similar experiences with the
ION? Other Saturn vehicles?

Disappointed ... my VUE never had ANY problems.

Old October 10th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 10 Oct 2006 10:15:15 -0700, "niplig" >
wrote:

>I have a 2006 Saturn Ion (6000 miles/< 6 months old) and have had
>starting problems 5 or 6 times. It always seems to be when it has been
>sitting in the sun. Sometimes I turn the key and NOTHING happens.
>Sometimes it turns over but does not start. Multiple tries leads to
>the same thing or both scenarios happening. Sometimes it will
>eventually start (even in the sun) but it has always started once the
>car has cooled down/in the shade. It happened yesterday and I dropped
>it off at a dealer this AM. Have not heard a word yet but, as I told
>them on the note I left, I fully expect that it will start unless it
>has been sitting in the sun. Any ideas? Similar experiences with the
>ION? Other Saturn vehicles?
>
>Disappointed ... my VUE never had ANY problems.

I would look for a connector that is no fully seated properly and that
when it heats up and expands it does not make contact. Problem likely
inside car/dash area.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old October 11th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

BläBlä wrote:
> In article .com>,
> says...
> > I have a 2006 Saturn Ion (6000 miles/< 6 months old) and have had
> > starting problems 5 or 6 times. It always seems to be when it has been
> > sitting in the sun. Sometimes I turn the key and NOTHING happens.
> > Sometimes it turns over but does not start. Multiple tries leads to
> > the same thing or both scenarios happening. Sometimes it will
> > eventually start (even in the sun) but it has always started once the
> > car has cooled down/in the shade. It happened yesterday and I dropped
> > it off at a dealer this AM. Have not heard a word yet but, as I told
> > them on the note I left, I fully expect that it will start unless it
> > has been sitting in the sun. Any ideas? Similar experiences with the
> > ION? Other Saturn vehicles?
> >
> > Disappointed ... my VUE never had ANY problems.
> >

> There have been some simular issues which usually lead to the BCM (body
> control module).

When This happened. Was the seurity light flashing? If so is is the
ignition passlock switch is not reading the correct resistance as the
key in turned. If the resistance is not read correctly by the BCM
it will set secuurity tamper mode and disable the ignition. The dealer
will change the passlock switch
at the first visit if this problem happened.