325is -driver's side window motor

Old June 4th 05, 09:22 PM
jb9877

Default 325is -driver's side window motor

How difficult is it replace the motor? The window is stuck halfway up. I
looked in the service manual and was a little intimidated by the process
for removing the glass and adjusting it afterward.

Also: is there a way to manually close the window? I'd like to do that
temporarily until I can have the repair finished.

I checked the window push button switches. They are not the problem. A
few months ago, the window started to become a problem. I would tap the
button to close it, and it would start up, then stop and reverse
direction. I would have to push and hold the button to get it to close.

Today, the window failed completely. Passenger side still works fine.

jon

Old June 6th 05, 03:40 AM
Simon

Hi Jon,

A similar thing happened to my E30 325i - the window got really slow to
raise then it stopped working. The door panels on my car have a
plastic 'bung' where there might have been a window winder handle, if
you take this off there is a hexagonal hole behind it which you can use
to manually raise and lower the window by putting an allen key in there
(maybe there's one in your cars toolkit?)
If there's no bung, there might still be a hexagonal hole behind the
door panel itself. Experience tells me, make sure you have clean hands
and lots of patience when removing the door panel!

I got a second hand motor for mine, but the mechanic said the
'regulator' (the worm drive thing that the motor uses to raise and
lower the window) is kind of worn out. Probably to be expected on a 17
year old car.

cheers

Simon

1995 325is E36 Window arm off track madloof72 BMW 0 April 25th 05 11:41 PM
FS: Jeep TJ Soft side Rear window and rear side windows and Door Rail Kit [email protected] Jeep 0 April 25th 05 09:39 PM
146 Driver Side Window dean Alfa Romeo 1 December 4th 04 01:35 PM
2000 Cabrio Driver's Window Weatherstripping Question Jose R. Perez VW water cooled 0 October 21st 04 03:32 AM
Passenger side front window bill Audi 4 August 25th 04 07:27 AM