Honda Concerto main relay

Old January 29th 08, 08:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
juk

Default Honda Concerto main relay

Hi, i need to replace the main relay of my Honda Concerto 1.5 '93. It is
named Mitsuba "RZ-0098, but i can't find it! May a use another relay with
the same features?

Old January 29th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"juk" > wrote in
:

> Hi, i need to replace the main relay of my Honda Concerto 1.5 '93. It
> is named Mitsuba "RZ-0098, but i can't find it! May a use another
> relay with the same features?

A Main Relay out of any fuel-injected Honda should do. Visit a local
breaker's yard or your local Honda dealer.

Pins 4 and 6 are used for the starter line, but some use one while some use
the other. Make sure your chosen replacement uses the same pin as the one
you've got in there now.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 29th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Tegger > wrote in
:

> "juk" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Hi, i need to replace the main relay of my Honda Concerto 1.5 '93. It
>> is named Mitsuba "RZ-0098, but i can't find it! May a use another
>> relay with the same features?
>>

> A Main Relay out of any fuel-injected Honda should do. Visit a local
> breaker's yard or your local Honda dealer.
>
> Pins 4 and 6 are used for the starter line, but some use one while
> some use the other. Make sure your chosen replacement uses the same
> pin as the one you've got in there now.

I should clarify two things:
1) Main Relays rarely actually go bad, but simply suffer from cracked
solder. If you know how to use a soldering gun you can easily fix your
existing one for free.
2) Honda has changed the Main Relays (and their model numbers) over the
years. That RZ-0098 has most likely been superseded by a different model.
Your local Honda dealer will know.

Old January 29th 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Tegger > wrote in
:

> 2) Honda has changed the Main Relays (and their model numbers) over
> the years. That RZ-0098 has most likely been superseded by a different
> model. Your local Honda dealer will know.

Sorry for the second reply to my own message.

See this page:
http://techauto.awardspace.com/faq.html
About 2/3 of the way down is a chart with relay model numbers.

Old January 29th 08, 09:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
juk

"Tegger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Tegger > wrote in
> :
>

> I should clarify two things:
> 1) Main Relays rarely actually go bad, but simply suffer from cracked
> solder. If you know how to use a soldering gun you can easily fix your
> existing one for free.

yes, that's the problem! I have just fixed it with DIY, but better if i
replace with a new one.
Another question: can i bypass the main relay with some links on wire
harness connector if my car doesn't start? Is it dangerous for
ECU/injection?
Thx for your suggestions!

Old January 29th 08, 11:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
juk

"juk" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Tegger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Tegger > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> I should clarify two things:
>> 1) Main Relays rarely actually go bad, but simply suffer from cracked
>> solder. If you know how to use a soldering gun you can easily fix your
>> existing one for free.

> yes, that's the problem! I have just fixed it with DIY, but better if i
> replace with a new one.
> Another question: can i bypass the main relay with some links on wire
> harness connector if my car doesn't start? Is it dangerous for
> ECU/injection?
> Thx for your suggestions!

ok, it works fine!
I linked with 2 iron wires (from a simply cut paper clip ) the "holes" 1, 3
,7 of wire harness connector (numbers are written near relay pins)
I think to make a better "bridge" with a little piece of iron from pc case,
(the pieces that you remove on the back when adding a graphic card i.e.)
it is easy to cut 3 linked "peacks" for entering into the WHC.
So my Concerto will never let me down on the street (i hope:-)!)

Old January 29th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

juk wrote:
> "juk" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "Tegger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> Tegger > wrote in
>>> :
>>>
>>> I should clarify two things:
>>> 1) Main Relays rarely actually go bad, but simply suffer from cracked
>>> solder. If you know how to use a soldering gun you can easily fix your
>>> existing one for free.

>> yes, that's the problem! I have just fixed it with DIY, but better if i
>> replace with a new one.
>> Another question: can i bypass the main relay with some links on wire
>> harness connector if my car doesn't start? Is it dangerous for
>> ECU/injection?
>> Thx for your suggestions!
>>

> ok, it works fine!
> I linked with 2 iron wires (from a simply cut paper clip ) the "holes" 1, 3
> ,7 of wire harness connector (numbers are written near relay pins)
> I think to make a better "bridge" with a little piece of iron from pc case,
> (the pieces that you remove on the back when adding a graphic card i.e.)
> it is easy to cut 3 linked "peacks" for entering into the WHC.
> So my Concerto will never let me down on the street (i hope:-)!)

that is EXTREMELY dangerous. the relay is there so that in the event of
a crash, the ecu can switch off the fuel pump. you bypassing all that
means you can be trapped in a burning vehicle that's continuing to pump
burning gasoline onto you. even if you don't mind incinerating
yourself, you can also incinerate passengers or third parties in the crash.

repair or replace the relay ONLY.

Volvo 240 main FI relay wiring? [email protected] Technology 11 March 24th 18 01:06 AM
Main Relay!!!! HondaCrazy Honda 8 November 17th 05 01:55 PM
honda concerto ex- engine racing and over heating mike27 Honda 1 September 20th 05 05:10 AM
Honda prelude vtec main relay cocococo1 Honda 1 June 23rd 05 11:05 PM