'99 Accord Engine mount

Old August 10th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nigel Spon

Default '99 Accord Engine mount

I have just had my '99 Accord wagon serviced, and the dealer tells me
the front engine mount has a split in it and really should be replaced.
Its not expensive but it sounds rather fundamental - I'm wondering, is
this common and how serious is it? Its the F23A engine.
Old August 11th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_1_]

Nigel Spon wrote:
> I have just had my '99 Accord wagon serviced, and the dealer tells me
> the front engine mount has a split in it and really should be replaced.
> Its not expensive but it sounds rather fundamental - I'm wondering, is
> this common and how serious is it? Its the F23A engine.

not serious for supporting engine weight, but essential for smooth
torque transmission. particularly on automatics. you can do it
yourself quite easily. my advice is to also investigate the rear mount
as well - they usually go at the same time.
Old August 11th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_1_]

TeGGeR® wrote:
> jim beam > wrote in news:lvidnQEcLtrmYUbZnZ2dnUVZ_r-
> :
>
>> Nigel Spon wrote:
>>> I have just had my '99 Accord wagon serviced, and the dealer tells me
>>> the front engine mount has a split in it and really should be replaced.
>>> Its not expensive but it sounds rather fundamental - I'm wondering, is
>>> this common and how serious is it? Its the F23A engine.

>> not serious for supporting engine weight, but essential for smooth
>> torque transmission. particularly on automatics. you can do it
>> yourself quite easily. my advice is to also investigate the rear mount
>> as well - they usually go at the same time.

> It's just a range of motion limiter, jim.

it helps define range of motion, yes - all mountings do that. it also
contributes to the driveability qualities. it's no different to
changing out suspension bushings - old ones "work", but new ones "work
well". try it yourself some time.