OT Where do I buy one of these?

Old June 29th 05, 09:27 PM
Neil

"Kevin Holzer" > wrote in message
> Tracy wrote:
>> What exactly happened to you to give you such a bad attitude towards the
>> police?
>>

> WW2 veteran, former NASA employee (worked on the apollo missions), worked
> for Hughes on numerous military projects...and now some stupid city
> department head is ****ing with him (the deputy thankfully was moved,
> although prior to his move he was spearheading the operation).

All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's a
law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

Old June 29th 05, 10:00 PM
Shag

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:27:18 -0600, "Neil" > wrote:

>"Kevin Holzer" > wrote in message
>> Tracy wrote:
>>> What exactly happened to you to give you such a bad attitude towards the
>>> police?
>>>

>> WW2 veteran, former NASA employee (worked on the apollo missions), worked
>> for Hughes on numerous military projects...and now some stupid city
>> department head is ****ing with him (the deputy thankfully was moved,
>> although prior to his move he was spearheading the operation).

>All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's a
>law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

Old June 30th 05, 12:41 AM
MUADIB®

>Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

That comes right after "it's not the facts that are important, it's
the seriousness of the charge"

LOL

Good slap Shag........on a roll today huh?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.
Old June 30th 05, 01:59 AM
Shag

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:41:10 GMT, MUADIB®
> wrote:

>>Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

>That comes right after "it's not the facts that are important, it's
>the seriousness of the charge"
>
>LOL
>
>Good slap Shag........on a roll today huh?

You sound confused. Or maybe that's me. No... I'm sure of what I
believe in. :-)

Old June 30th 05, 02:09 AM
MUADIB®

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:59:57 GMT, Shag >
wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:41:10 GMT, MUADIB®
> wrote:
>

>>>Let's not confuse the issue with facts.

>>That comes right after "it's not the facts that are important, it's
>>the seriousness of the charge"
>>
>>LOL
>>
>>Good slap Shag........on a roll today huh?

>You sound confused. Or maybe that's me. No... I'm sure of what I
>believe in. :-)

I'm pretty sure of what you believe in also.

LOL

Old June 30th 05, 09:37 AM
Kevin Holzer

Neil wrote:
> All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's a
> law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

Just like my 88 Caprice has to pass smog on a dyno, and never was
intended to (to the best of my knowledge), he's lived in his house for
at least fourty years, and has to live by laws he outdates. I say bull****.
City ordinances are ridiculous. Its his property, is it not? So what
if it increases the value of the property if his property looks
spectacular. The value of the gene pool increases if we exterminate
retards, jews, and blacks, supposedly. ****ing criminal what they've
done to an old man. I would understand if they were really letter of
the law with everybody, but there is a house two houses down that is
twice as bad looking as his. There are houses all over torrance that
are far worse than his. The commisioner of building and safety (who has
lied to my mother a number of times about the issue, saying one thing
and the exact opposite the next day) has a personal vendetta out against
my grandparents. The afforementioned sheriff had a personal vendetta
against them. We have undergone a massive clean up project at their
house, doing quite the major operation. We had turned everything
around, after the first few tickets. Cleaned up all the old oil, moved
his cars in back, planted grass in front, got rid of old junk outside,
repainted their house, among a number of other things. The only thing
that may scare away a prospective buyer is my grandfather or
grandmother, as people don't see any old people these days. With face
lifts and homes for the elderly, we have eliminated some of the most
important members of society (the ones with face lifts are not important).

Laws are flexible, at least in modern society (especially LA). In
society we live in today, with the myraid of laws we have (far too many
if you ask me, come to California if you want to experience a lot of
laws), police officers selectively enforce what they need to. That is
the key idea I'd like to drive home to you. Laws (although they should
not be) are applied in a flexible manner as to give more power to law
enforcement. As such, the minor laws need to be applied selectively,
almost as a warning. In my opinion, it is not the best system, but it
is the one we live in.

If a man is taking his pregnant wife to the hospital and doing 85 in a
70, I'd expect the cop to get out of the guys face. My grandparents are
old. We've worked hard to get their place in compliance, and now they
get us on little things that both next door neighbors are out of
compliance on. Simply, this is unfair and harassment. The real problem
is that the laws are flawed. I can't fix that, but I can get the city
out of my grandparents life.

We're planning legal action, and how. We are going to ask for $25K in
expenses over the whole issue (cars towed, time, money, one quarter of
the hospital bills for my grandmother) which is about what has been
spent (we live 100 miles away, and have to drive out there very
frequently to deal with issues that arise, and then we don't even get to
visit). We're also asking for a written letter of apology.
Old June 30th 05, 01:14 PM
johnboy

"Kevin Holzer" > wrote in message

> If a man is taking his pregnant wife to the hospital and doing 85 in a 70,
> I'd expect the cop to get out of the guys face. My grandparents are old.
> [...]

Bad situation, Kevin. I'm impressed by your effort to help them. Best of
luck. Stay in touch. Don't let the *******s grind you down.

Old June 30th 05, 03:30 PM
Lorem Ipsum

"Neil" > wrote in message
news:1120076837.7b018c34baca1dfb02000fcea5148c8b@t eranews...

> All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's a
> law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

So Neil, you don't mind if someone introduces a city ordinance against old
Bugs being parked on the street?

Old June 30th 05, 09:16 PM
Shag

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:30:12 -0500, "Lorem Ipsum" >
wrote:

>"Neil" > wrote in message
>news:1120076837.7b018c34baca1dfb02000fcea5148c8b@ teranews...
>
>> All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's a
>> law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

>So Neil, you don't mind if someone introduces a city ordinance against old
>Bugs being parked on the street?

I wish someone would introduce a law that makes people park their damn
vehicles in their driveways if they have one.

Old June 30th 05, 09:25 PM
Shag

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:37:57 -0700, Kevin Holzer >
wrote:

>Neil wrote:
>> All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's a
>> law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

>Just like my 88 Caprice has to pass smog on a dyno, and never was
>intended to (to the best of my knowledge), he's lived in his house for
>at least fourty years, and has to live by laws he outdates. I say bull****.

Yes, that makes sense that is someone is older than a law that they
should have to follow it. Oh, wait. No it doesn't.

>City ordinances are ridiculous. Its his property, is it not? So what
>if it increases the value of the property if his property looks
>spectacular. The value of the gene pool increases if we exterminate
>retards, jews, and blacks, supposedly. ****ing criminal what they've
>done to an old man. I would understand if they were really letter of
>the law with everybody, but there is a house two houses down that is
>twice as bad looking as his. There are houses all over torrance that
>are far worse than his.

And you know for a fact that all of the owners of those houses just
have immunity to the law, right?

> The commisioner of building and safety (who has
>lied to my mother a number of times about the issue, saying one thing
>and the exact opposite the next day) has a personal vendetta out against
>my grandparents. The afforementioned sheriff had a personal vendetta
>against them. We have undergone a massive clean up project at their
>house, doing quite the major operation. We had turned everything
>around, after the first few tickets. Cleaned up all the old oil, moved
>his cars in back, planted grass in front, got rid of old junk outside,
>repainted their house, among a number of other things.

Cool. Sounds like it was about time you cleaned up that dump.

> The only thing
>that may scare away a prospective buyer is my grandfather or
>grandmother, as people don't see any old people these days. With face
>lifts and homes for the elderly, we have eliminated some of the most
>important members of society (the ones with face lifts are not important).
>
>Laws are flexible, at least in modern society (especially LA). In
>society we live in today, with the myraid of laws we have (far too many
>if you ask me, come to California if you want to experience a lot of
>laws), police officers selectively enforce what they need to.

Apparently even if we did NOT ask you, you're gonna tell us anyway.

> That is
>the key idea I'd like to drive home to you. Laws (although they should
>not be) are applied in a flexible manner as to give more power to law
>enforcement. As such, the minor laws need to be applied selectively,
>almost as a warning. In my opinion, it is not the best system, but it
>is the one we live in.
>
>If a man is taking his pregnant wife to the hospital and doing 85 in a
>70, I'd expect the cop to get out of the guys face. My grandparents are
>old. We've worked hard to get their place in compliance, and now they
>get us on little things that both next door neighbors are out of
>compliance on. Simply, this is unfair and harassment. The real problem
>is that the laws are flawed. I can't fix that, but I can get the city
>out of my grandparents life.
>
>We're planning legal action, and how. We are going to ask for $25K in
>expenses over the whole issue (cars towed, time, money, one quarter of
>the hospital bills for my grandmother) which is about what has been
>spent (we live 100 miles away, and have to drive out there very
>frequently to deal with issues that arise, and then we don't even get to
>visit). We're also asking for a written letter of apology.

Why does that not surprise me? You complain a LOT, don't you? Maybe
you inherited it from your grandparents and they have complained a lot
historically and people got tired of it including the law enforcement
officers so they're picking on them now. It wouldn't surprise me to
find out that's the case. You people that think you're immune to the
law disgust me. Do the crime, pay the fine.