Black Logitech Momo Vs. Microsoft FF?

Old March 10th 05, 07:04 PM
Larry

Ginger had this problem during some RASCAR races I believe.

And you know what the REAL crying shame was?

We STILL couldn't beat his ass LOL

-Larry

oups.com...

Old March 10th 05, 07:18 PM
Mitch_A

Larry wrote:

> The Momo Force has better resolution and a shifter. That, really, is the
> only improvement over the MSFFW.
>
> Oh, and the very nice Logitech Profiler Software which blows Microsoft's
> untended-for-5-years profile software away.
>
> The new pedals on the Momo Force are the first acceptable Logitech Pedals
> to me but I still think, from an ergonomic standpoint, the MS pedals are a
> bit
> better. The resolution of the Logitech's is 8 times greater though (at
> least in step count).
>
> -Larry

Im really surprised you think the Force has "acceptable" pedals. To me they
are *nearly* useless. I use em long before I upgraded to the the AL Champ
Pedals though so it they may work much better tweaked with a squash ball or
whatever other tweaks are used.

Just out of curiuosity Larry where did you find the Force? Im looking for
one more but I cant find any.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 10th 05, 10:15 PM
David G Fisher

"Larry" > wrote in message
> Dave,
>
> I heard they back-slid on the pedals though. What do you think?
>
> -Larry
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> > Works for both, and is their top of the line wheel now. I think it's
> > fantastic.
> >

> > --
> > David G Fisher

From what I've read at their forum, they released a second version of their
pedals/pots (rev B), and that's what I have. I guess I'll have to wait and
see if the same thing happens to me that happened to Ginger. I like them
though.

Dave

Old March 10th 05, 10:24 PM
Smokin_Bob

MOMO Force has a shifter? I should get my money back--it only has the
paddle shifters. And is red. Bummer.

Old March 10th 05, 10:27 PM
Steve Simpson

I think he was referring to the momo racing (black) which has a shifter and
decent pedals. The momo force (red) has no shifter and awful pedals.

Old March 10th 05, 11:47 PM
Smokin_Bob

Steve,

Thanks for clearing that up--too many damn colors for too many damn
wheels. I actually like the pedals on the Force--certainly not top of
the line, but I got used to the hinged pedal, and the Racing pedals
seem very cheap to me, and the darn base moves around a bit too much
for me. The actual wheel--I love it. And the shifter is great for
GPL, and NASCAR, and GTR.

On the other hand--might be time to get some ECCI pedals--one of the
guys in our league got a set, and man those look nice!!!

Wonder if that fancy new BRD wheel is ever going to be released....that
one looks amazing, but I have heard rumors of pricing--1000 pounds
sterling!!! Of course, that is a rumor--but taking a look at that
wheel, with it's lcd readout..well, it just looks damn sweet.

Old March 10th 05, 11:47 PM
Mitch_A

Steve Simpson wrote:

> I think he was referring to the momo racing (black) which has a shifter
> and
> decent pedals. The momo force (red) has no shifter and awful pedals.

Either Bob or Larry or both are very confused over the different models of
Momo wheels. Ive covered it about 10 times in the past week.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 10th 05, 11:51 PM
Tim Paullin

"Mitch_A" > Im really surprised you think the Force has "acceptable" pedals.
To me they
> are *nearly* useless. I use em long before I upgraded to the the AL Champ
> Pedals though so it they may work much better tweaked with a squash ball
> or
> whatever other tweaks are used.
>
> Just out of curiuosity Larry where did you find the Force? Im looking for
> one more but I cant find any.
>
> Mitch

I think he meant the Racing Mitch. Which the pedals are acceptable but not
great. What would you recommend? Mine screw up more than they work

Tim

Old March 11th 05, 12:04 AM
Mitch_A

Tim Paullin wrote:

> I think he meant the Racing Mitch. Which the pedals are acceptable but
> not
> great. What would you recommend? Mine screw up more than they work
>

> Tim

ECCI 6000 and never worry again ECCI had a version of the 6000 series
w/PMB2 specifically made for use with a Momo Force (as you know, the red
one, hehe). They also offer a USB version which is the one you would
likely want. I dont know if Act Labs still makes the Championship Pedals
for a sawbuck but they work ok and can be modified to reduce spring
breakage.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 11th 05, 12:10 AM
Smokin_Bob

No mitch, no confusion here--why don't you just give it a rest, ok?
The internet is full of know it alls and we could really stand one
less. We appreciate all of your invaluable service, letting us know
how dumb we all are. Thanks for the community service--hats off.

You are a credit to the perfect breed everywhere.