96 plymouth breeze noise with tire rotation

Old January 11th 05, 02:58 PM
Lance

Default 96 plymouth breeze noise with tire rotation

All,
Since June 04, our Plymouth Breeze has been making an odd noise on occasion.
When you apply the brake, you may hear a noise when the brake is released
and you start to accelerate. It sounds like a flat and it happens with the
tire rotation. It does not happen all the time.

Mechanics have replaced the drum, brakes, spring kit, and wheel cylinder on
passenger rear side, actually all brakes have been done, but they are
concentrating on the passenger rear side.

After a few months of it working fine, it started again, taken back to the
same mechanic, said drum and brakes were both shot, replaced them under
warranty and thought problems were solved. Well, a few weeks went by(3 to
be exact) and it started again. Took the car back and they replaced the
springs again. This time they said they had no idea what was causing this
to happen.

Any suggestions on what would be causing the passenger rear wheel to do this
to the brakes and (I think) causing the clunking, flat tire sound when the
tire is rotated after applying the brakes?

Thanks, Lance

Old January 12th 05, 01:20 AM
mic canic

the brake line has a clamp on it that holds in place to prevent the line from
rubbing the tire and these can sometimes get clamped on the hose tighter than
it's suppose to be and the line holds pressure causing the shoes to contact the
drum when the pedal is not depressed hence the new weak! springs