Opinions on Equus electric oil pressure gauge

Old March 27th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.sport.tech

Default Opinions on Equus electric oil pressure gauge

Anyone know if this gauge is reliable?
It is the Equus oil pressure gauge (electrical) which is not available
at Walmart (Canada) like the other cheap mechanical o/p gauge. I want
this electrical one and dont want those high ends like StewartWarner or
Autometer.

http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid=102&pid=8264

I emailed their sales support and they said it would have to be ordered
from their online store.

Larry

Old March 27th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.sport.tech

wrote:
> Anyone know if this gauge is reliable?
> It is the Equus oil pressure gauge (electrical) which is not available
> at Walmart (Canada) like the other cheap mechanical o/p gauge. I want
> this electrical one and dont want those high ends like StewartWarner or
> Autometer.

http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid=102&pid=8264

> I emailed their sales support and they said it would have to be ordered
> from their online store.
>
> Larry

I have a "SunPro" mechanical gauge in my '62 Stude; it seems to be
working fine. I prefer a mechanical gauge because there's simply less
to go wrong; it's cheap and backlit and looks pretty much like a 60's
Stewart-Warner gauge. Also the mechanical gauges usually have a 270
degree sweep rather than a 90 degree sweep of the electrical gauges,
making them easier to read. I believe they are also available in white
face.

nate

Old March 28th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.sport.tech

Thanks for the reply. But I was looking for electrical because I was
thinking mechanical oil/press could be difficult for installation - and
possibly risking an oil leak later on.

The electrical gauge, based only on a voltage signal, was recommended
for my car (2003 Mazda Protege5) Easier for install and less worry for
operation.

Any thoughts on mechanical oil/press gauge installation issues?

Larry