How low would it be if KRETP was enforced?

Old January 10th 05, 08:49 PM
Brent P

Default How low would it be if KRETP was enforced?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=3&cset=true

Year's road fatalities decrease

By Imran Vittachi
Tribune staff reporter
Published January 10, 2005

Traffic crashes in Illinois killed 113 fewer people last year than in
2003, according to preliminary findings released Sunday by state officials.

Early numbers indicate that in 2004, 1,341 people were killed in crashes,
compared with 1,454 the year before--a decrease of 8 percent, authorities
said.

A final report will come out later this year. But if the preliminary
numbers hold, the figure would mark the lowest number of traffic deaths
in Illinois since 1943, when 1,328 people were killed, state officials said.
<...>

-----------------------------

Just think about how low this number could be pushed with proper speed
limits, keep right except to pass enforced, and various other laws that
keep vehicles from crashing into each other in the first place.

Meanwhile driving no doubt continues to increase driving down the rate
numbers even further, while traffic speeds I observe on interstates
continue to increase.

Old January 11th 05, 05:54 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>Just think about how low this number could be pushed with proper speed

>limits,

Yup - bring back the 55 and fatalities would drop 10% overnight.

Old January 11th 05, 05:54 AM

Old January 11th 05, 05:11 PM
Furious George

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> >Just think about how low this number could be pushed with proper

speed

> >limits,

> Yup - bring back the 55 and fatalities would drop 10% overnight.

I also support a 55 meters per second minimum speed limit.

Old January 11th 05, 05:11 PM
Furious George

Old January 11th 05, 05:12 PM
Furious George

Brent P wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=3&cset=true

> Year's road fatalities decrease
>
> By Imran Vittachi
> Tribune staff reporter
> Published January 10, 2005
>
> Traffic crashes in Illinois killed 113 fewer people last year than

in
> 2003, according to preliminary findings released Sunday by state

officials.

> Early numbers indicate that in 2004, 1,341 people were killed in

crashes,
> compared with 1,454 the year before--a decrease of 8 percent,

authorities
> said.
>
> A final report will come out later this year. But if the preliminary
> numbers hold, the figure would mark the lowest number of traffic

deaths
> in Illinois since 1943, when 1,328 people were killed, state

officials said.
> <...>
>
> -----------------------------
>

> Just think about how low this number could be pushed with proper

speed
> limits, keep right except to pass enforced, and various other laws

that
> keep vehicles from crashing into each other in the first place.

Before bitching about KRETP enforcement, why don't you try following
the KRETP law yourself.

Old January 11th 05, 05:12 PM
Furious George

Old January 11th 05, 05:19 PM
Brent P

In article .com>, Furious George wrote:

> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>> >Just think about how low this number could be pushed with proper

> speed
>>
>> >limits,

>> Yup - bring back the 55 and fatalities would drop 10% overnight.

> I also support a 55 meters per second minimum speed limit.

the resident troll doesn't know that IL is still in the NMSL dark ages
offically. Unoffically speeds are much more realistic.

Old January 11th 05, 05:19 PM
Brent P

Old January 11th 05, 05:20 PM
Brent P

In article . com>, Furious George wrote:

> Before bitching about KRETP enforcement, why don't you try following
> the KRETP law yourself.

I do. Not my fault you're a troll with limited reading ability. Perhaps a
text forum is simply beyond your abilities.