Seeking A1 Rabbit speedometer tech

Old June 15th 05, 11:43 AM
Joseph Meehan

Whole Lotta Tom wrote:
> Joseph Meehan wrote:

>> Generally a local speedometer shop can fix that up for you. I
>> don't believe it is cheap however.

> Thanks for the post, however I failed to inform you that I am a cheap
> *******. ;-)

I figured that already :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old July 24th 05, 10:59 PM
Dave

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:50:15 GMT, "Whole Lotta Tom"
> wrote:

>Alas, it's cracked. Still working, but it's not much better than the split
>one. Since the problem seems to be shrinkage of the gear over time, I think
>I will just remove some material from the inside of the gear until it will
>fit on the shaft and secure the pieces with some JB Weld. Not a great
>solution, but it should work.

Use a good quality plastic rated epoxy and clean the b-jesus out of
the plastic with alcohol before you glue it.
I have an 81 diesel rabbit that I did this to in 1992... it still
works 13 years later.