Grandma

Old July 24th 05, 05:06 PM
Harry K

Default Grandma

I think I have seen her!

I got a letter from Grandma the other day.
She writes:
The other day I went to a local book store
and saw a "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper sticker.
I was feeling particularly sassy that day,
because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance,
followed by a thunderous prayer meeting,
so I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.
Boy, am I glad I did!
What an uplifting experience followed.
I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection.
I was just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is,
and I didn't notice that the light had changed.
It's a good thing someone else loves Jesus,
because if he hadn't honked, I'd have never noticed!
I found that lots of people love Jesus!
While I was sitting there,
the guy behind me started honking like crazy,
then he leaned out of his window and screamed,
"For the love of God!
Go! Go! Jesus Christ, Go!?
What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!
Everyone started honking!
I just leaned out of my window
and started waving and smiling at all these loving people.
I even honked a few times to share in the love!
There must have been a man from Florida back there, because I heard
him yelling something about a sunny beach.
I saw another guy waving in a funny way,
with only his middle finger stuck up in the air.
I asked my teenage grandson in the backseat what
that meant, and he said that it was probably a Hawaiian good
luck sign or something.
Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii,
so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back.
My grandson burst out laughing.....
he was enjoying this religious experience, too!
A couple of people were so caught up in the
joy of the moment, that they got out of their cars and started
walking toward me.
I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended,
but this is when I noticed the light had changed.
So, grinning, I waved to all my sisters and brothers,
and drove on through the intersection.
I noticed that I was the only car that got through the
intersection before the light changed again, and I felt kind
of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared,
so I slowed the car down, leaned out of the window, and gave them all
the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.

Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!

Old July 24th 05, 07:52 PM
Daniel J. Stern

This was funny the first time...in the late 1970s.

Old July 25th 05, 05:52 AM
~^Johnny^~

--
-john