rFactor release date?

Old July 24th 05, 06:34 AM
Destroy

Default rFactor release date?

GT Legends has a release date already(October 2005), wtf is up with rFactor?

Old July 24th 05, 08:37 AM
Dave Henrie

Destroy > wrote in
:

> GT Legends has a release date already(October 2005), wtf is up with
> rFactor?

Simbin = a loose organiztion of over 60 people. GTL is a continuation of
previous generation Motor v1.x+

ISI, as somebody here pointed out, has probably less than a half dozen on
it's team. With most of the sim code written by one guy. rF is a least
v2.x of the Motor software.

dh
Old July 24th 05, 09:25 AM
Steve Whitty

"Destroy" > wrote in message
> GT Legends has a release date already(October 2005), wtf is up with
> rFactor?

do you want a finished product or a buggy game?

cheers

steve

Old July 26th 05, 11:27 AM
Carlos_b

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
7.136...
> Destroy > wrote in
> :
>
>> GT Legends has a release date already(October 2005), wtf is up with
>> rFactor?

> Simbin = a loose organiztion of over 60 people. GTL is a continuation of
> previous generation Motor v1.x+

ahhh, i think you'll find that GT Legends is being developed on the Gmotor2
engine same as rfactor

from whats been said on various forums

carlos

Old July 26th 05, 12:24 PM
David G Fisher

"Carlos_b" > wrote in message

> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
> 7.136...
>> Destroy > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> GT Legends has a release date already(October 2005), wtf is up with
>>> rFactor?

>> Simbin = a loose organiztion of over 60 people. GTL is a continuation of
>> previous generation Motor v1.x+

> ahhh, i think you'll find that GT Legends is being developed on the
> Gmotor2 engine same as rfactor
>
> from whats been said on various forums
>
> carlos

But the guys at ISI had to *create* the gMotor2 engine for rFactor. It's
then handed over to Simbin to create what is basically a mod. Big
difference.

David G Fisher

Old July 28th 05, 11:43 AM
Carlos_b

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "Carlos_b" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
>> 7.136...
>>> Destroy > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Simbin = a loose organiztion of over 60 people. GTL is a continuation
>>> of
>>> previous generation Motor v1.x+

>> ahhh, i think you'll find that GT Legends is being developed on the
>> Gmotor2 engine same as rfactor
>>
>> from whats been said on various forums
>>
>> carlos

> But the guys at ISI had to *create* the gMotor2 engine for rFactor. It's
> then handed over to Simbin to create what is basically a mod. Big
> difference.
>
> David G Fisher

whats the big difference ? mod my arse. everything in an ISI game is a mod
then

you could just as easily say ISI is creating a mod on the engine
too..........thats just the way the ISI engine is, very open architechture i
guess you could say.
i have read that simbin got the gM2.0 engine mid to late last year in a very
stripped down form, so they are developing a lot of content themselves. from
memory they got the engine with most of the graphics content and are
developing most of the physics code themselves.

carlos

Old July 29th 05, 09:06 PM
David G Fisher

"Carlos_b" > wrote in message

> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>>> But the guys at ISI had to *create* the gMotor2 engine for rFactor. It's

>> then handed over to Simbin to create what is basically a mod. Big
>> difference.
>>
>> David G Fisher
>>

> whats the big difference ? mod my arse. everything in an ISI game is a mod
> then
>
> you could just as easily say ISI is creating a mod on the engine
> too..........thats just the way the ISI engine is, very open architechture
> i guess you could say.
> i have read that simbin got the gM2.0 engine mid to late last year in a
> very stripped down form, so they are developing a lot of content
> themselves. from memory they got the engine with most of the graphics
> content and are developing most of the physics code themselves.
>
> carlos

Do some more research.

--
David G Fisher

Old July 29th 05, 10:13 PM
Carlos_b

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

>>> then handed over to Simbin to create what is basically a mod. Big
>>> difference.
>>>
>>> David G Fisher
>>>

>> whats the big difference ? mod my arse. everything in an ISI game is a
>> mod then
>>
>> you could just as easily say ISI is creating a mod on the engine
>> too..........thats just the way the ISI engine is, very open
>> architechture i guess you could say.
>> i have read that simbin got the gM2.0 engine mid to late last year in a
>> very stripped down form, so they are developing a lot of content
>> themselves. from memory they got the engine with most of the graphics
>> content and are developing most of the physics code themselves.
>>
>> carlos

> Do some more research.
>

> --
> David G Fisher

why, i've already done enough.

carlos

Old July 29th 05, 10:24 PM
David G Fisher

"Carlos_b" > wrote in message

> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message

>>> whats the big difference ? mod my arse. everything in an ISI game is a
>>> mod then
>>>
>>> you could just as easily say ISI is creating a mod on the engine
>>> too..........thats just the way the ISI engine is, very open
>>> architechture i guess you could say.
>>> i have read that simbin got the gM2.0 engine mid to late last year in a
>>> very stripped down form, so they are developing a lot of content
>>> themselves. from memory they got the engine with most of the graphics
>>> content and are developing most of the physics code themselves.
>>>
>>> carlos

>> Do some more research.
>>

>> --
>> David G Fisher
>>

> why, i've already done enough.
>
> carlos

Yea, I guess you're right. The new game engine was easy to create. ISI just
added a few lines of code and then took 8 months off.

Nothing to it.

Brilliant.

--
David G Fisher

Old July 29th 05, 11:12 PM
Carlos_b

Jacque at Simbin wrote:
"GTL is not built on an existing engine. SimBin received low level graphics
code 8 months ago and have been working on it since then. Unlike GTR, GTL is
not based on any existing 'running' engine so looking to rfactor for
features won't help."

knepleyp from ISI wrote:
"Just because GTL doesn't use the same exact netcode as rFactor doesn't mean
that they can't steal a few of the improvements for their network library.
They have some new net coders since GTR came out, some from DICE (made
BF1942)."

this is what i and many others can go on

obviously you have some behind the scenes, super secret, never before seen
information............which you may want to share or point us in the
direction of.........but probably not!

carlos

Don't buy Dodge justme Dodge 10 July 13th 05 06:40 AM
Any word on sale date for Mustang GT500 Shelby Cobra? [email protected] Ford Mustang 6 May 6th 05 07:43 PM
MEXICAN TRUCK DRIVERS L00K OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moderate Mammal Driving 19 February 21st 05 03:32 AM
GT4 release date would appear to be 2/23 V \fnugen\ Simulators 1 February 17th 05 02:47 PM
***HELP*** Got Ticketed, and I have my trial date coming up real soon. Arif Khokar Driving 35 December 18th 04 01:25 AM