97 TJ heater ?

Old July 22nd 05, 11:56 AM
dick

Default 97 TJ heater ?

We just bought a haynes manual for tips on heater core replacement but it is
very incomplete (89-2000 wrangler)
on TJ`s. Is it necessary to remove dash & discharge air to replace a leaking
core? What is the procedure?
thanks
Dick

Old July 22nd 05, 06:33 PM
J Strickland

Sorry, I can't help with the procedure, but I can say with certainty that
your new Haynes manual will leave you scratching your head on most jobs you
attempt to undertake.

Old July 22nd 05, 10:55 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Dick,
Of course, the evaporator will be the last thing to come out:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/TJevaporator.pdf
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old July 22nd 05, 11:13 PM
Troy

Ya it's a big pain... gotta take out the dash, passenger seat also would
make things easier, discharge the ac, somehow undo the crimp (2 of them) in
the ac line they put in, before the firewall undo about 7 bolts on the
firewall, and one of them has two nuts on it, one is behind the bracket
you'll see after taking the first one off. Then the big black box that you
rip out has to be taken apart to get to the core.

I tried to do this myself once.

Pay someone to do it for you is what I say.

Since my jeep is no longer my daily driver (and I broke alot of stuff trying
to do it myself) I removed the heating/ac totally. Gonna put an onboard air
system where the factory ac compressor used to be.

btw haynes sux i tried lookin at that too for this job.

Troy

Old July 22nd 05, 11:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I like your idea.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 23rd 05, 02:09 AM
tim bur

yep the dash comes out and with out airtools it's a 2 day job

Old July 23rd 05, 02:12 AM
tim bur

where u located ????

Old July 23rd 05, 03:46 AM
dick

N Michigan

Old July 23rd 05, 03:15 PM
tim bur

s michigan and i would be happy to do the heater core