Sprint phones that work with bluetooth????

Old January 26th 05, 03:04 PM
Gary Rall

Default Sprint phones that work with bluetooth????

Just got a new BMW x5 with built in bluetooth and the dealer is saying for
me to switch carriers because SPRINT does not have any compatable phones.
They said that Sprint usto carry the SE T605 but when they stopped that was
the end of the line for compatability. My question is that I really don't
want to go to Cingular or Verizon since I have 5 Sprint phones but I need
the bluetooth capability to work. Dose anone know if SPRINT is going to
come out with a bluetooth phone that is fully compliant in working with the
new BMW's? Or is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some
testing and fix the compatability issues so that it works and also transfers
the phone books to the car???? And No just in case you were wondering the
Palm update does not fix this phone to work with the BMW...

Gary

Old January 26th 05, 05:24 PM
John

All you ever wanted to know...
http://x5world.net/bluetooth.htm

Old January 27th 05, 02:25 AM
Gary Rall

The link does not answer any of my original questions:
1. Dose anone know if SPRINT is going to come out with a bluetooth phone
that is fully compliant in working with the new BMW's?
2. is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some testing and fix
the compatability issues so that it works and also transfers the phone books
to the car?

I really want to continue to use the Sprint network but so far nothing
currentyl available from Sprint works with the BMW X5

Gary

Old January 30th 05, 09:28 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:25:01 -0700, "Gary Rall" >
wrote:

>The link does not answer any of my original questions:

>2. is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some testing and fix
>the compatability issues so that it works and also transfers the phone books
>to the car?

You don't seem to understand... when BMW puts 400 million cars in the
field, it will be LG and Palm's problem to make their implementation
work with BMW... until then the onus is on BMW.

Old January 30th 05, 08:54 PM
Gary Rall

Yes they can always choose to ignore this small segment... but it is the
"early adoptors" of technology that most of the successful companies follow.
If they get it "right" then the mass markets usually follow... and if they
screw it up and put 100's of thousands of phones on the shelf they sometimes
find that to be very expensive in the long run. As they say it is usualy
easier and cheaper to fix it the first time than to try to re-do it. Once a
product gets a "buggy, or cripled" label it may be a long time before it
becomes a #1 seller.

Gary

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:25:01 -0700, "Gary Rall" >
> wrote:
>
>>The link does not answer any of my original questions:

>>2. is Palm with the 650 or LG with the 325 going to do some testing and
>>fix
>>the compatability issues so that it works and also transfers the phone
>>books
>>to the car?

> You don't seem to understand... when BMW puts 400 million cars in the
> field, it will be LG and Palm's problem to make their implementation
> work with BMW... until then the onus is on BMW.

5 series and Bluetooth phones Andy Halford BMW 3 January 28th 05 09:30 PM
2004 M3 and Bluetooth John E Yurkon BMW 0 January 10th 05 12:20 AM
Will switching from Synthetic to Dyno oil harm my engine? elmo Technology 221 January 2nd 05 05:32 PM
Microsoft Bluetooth phones Frank BMW 2 October 12th 04 09:14 PM
ASE Work experience question thongsai General 0 July 9th 04 11:16 PM