Vibration in 99 SL1 when running in gear at stop.

Old January 23rd 05, 04:28 PM
reex01

Default Vibration in 99 SL1 when running in gear at stop.

My 1999 SL1 has a very loud vibration coming from the engine compartment
when it is running and in gear and standing still. If I shift it into Park
the vibration stops. When you begin moving it stops. It is only when you
are running and in gear and stopped that the vibration is felt and heard
(at a stop light for example). Any ideas where to look for this problem?

Old January 24th 05, 03:00 AM
Dan Duncan

reex01 > wrote:
> (at a stop light for example). Any ideas where to look for this problem?

Motor mount?

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Old January 26th 05, 12:19 PM
rodak

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:28:37 -0500, "reex01" >
wrote:

>My 1999 SL1 has a very loud vibration coming from the engine compartment
>when it is running and in gear and standing still. If I shift it into Park
>the vibration stops. When you begin moving it stops. It is only when you
>are running and in gear and stopped that the vibration is felt and heard
>(at a stop light for example). Any ideas where to look for this problem?

Motor mount. Had same thing on 98 SL2.
Old January 26th 05, 03:24 PM
Barry Schnoor

I'd guess motor mount.

Don't know about the '99's, but the upper torque mount on my '94 was a piece
of cake to fix.

You just have to make sure you support the engine when you take the thing
off...a floor jack perhaps. I used a long 2x2 I could stand on to support
the engine and "wiggle" it into place as I replace the mount.

"reex01" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My 1999 SL1 has a very loud vibration coming from the engine compartment
> when it is running and in gear and standing still. If I shift it into Park
> the vibration stops. When you begin moving it stops. It is only when you
> are running and in gear and stopped that the vibration is felt and heard
> (at a stop light for example). Any ideas where to look for this problem?

Running a stop sign is not speeding John F. Carr Driving 19 January 19th 05 05:50 PM
Noise after lift, 97TJ, bump stop shaft & spring? pbarton Jeep 8 January 9th 05 09:16 PM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 11:57 AM
No reverse gear on 2000 Saturn SL2 A/T 2000SaturnSL2 Saturn 6 October 6th 04 06:18 PM