Surging 3.3 at idle or when slowing

Old July 31st 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default Surging 3.3 at idle or when slowing

Having another problem with my 1993 Grand Voyager with a 3.3. No fault
codes other than a 12.

Sometimes while waiting at a signal, the idle speed will increase for
a second or two, causing the vehicle to lunge forward to the
unsuspecting driver.

It has also done this when slowing down too.

It does it with the A/C on or off, so I don't believe that it is the
idle speed being adjusted to compensate for the A/C compressor coming
on.

02 sensor was replaced, along with the throttle body being cleaned
3000 miles ago.

Any ideas welcome. After having had the transmission rebuilt last
week, I don't want any other expensive repairs.

Thanks,

KM

Old July 31st 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Having another problem with my 1993 Grand Voyager with a 3.3. No fault
> codes other than a 12.
>
> Sometimes while waiting at a signal, the idle speed will increase for
> a second or two, causing the vehicle to lunge forward to the
> unsuspecting driver.
>
> It has also done this when slowing down too.
>
> It does it with the A/C on or off, so I don't believe that it is the
> idle speed being adjusted to compensate for the A/C compressor coming
> on.
>
> 02 sensor was replaced, along with the throttle body being cleaned
> 3000 miles ago.
>
> Any ideas welcome. After having had the transmission rebuilt last
> week, I don't want any other expensive repairs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> KM

A scan tool to see what the sensor values are at the time it happens, could
be a MAP or TPS voltage problem or anything else for that matter

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 31st 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

On Jul 31, 1:44 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Having another problem with my 1993 Grand Voyager with a 3.3. No fault
> > codes other than a 12.

> > Sometimes while waiting at a signal, the idle speed will increase for
> > a second or two, causing the vehicle to lunge forward to the
> > unsuspecting driver.

> > It has also done this when slowing down too.

> > It does it with the A/C on or off, so I don't believe that it is the
> > idle speed being adjusted to compensate for the A/C compressor coming
> > on.

> > 02 sensor was replaced, along with the throttle body being cleaned
> > 3000 miles ago.

> > Any ideas welcome. After having had the transmission rebuilt last
> > week, I don't want any other expensive repairs.

> > Thanks,

> > KM

> A scan tool to see what the sensor values are at the time it happens, could
> be a MAP or TPS voltage problem or anything else for that matter
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

I don't have a scan tool, but will be taking it to place that does. I
will have them start with those two things.

Thanks,

KM