Can I buy a manual trans anymore?

Old September 24th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
fggfgf

Default Can I buy a manual trans anymore?

We're getting ready to replace our 2000 Explorer 4cyl, manual
trans. I love it very much but miles are getting up there
and some rust is starting. I can find very few suv's with
a manual trans. Ford no longer offers one in the explorer.
Chevy no, Dodge no, Jeep no, Subaru yes. Anything else?
Old September 24th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Lawrence T. Hoff

fggfgf wrote:
> We're getting ready to replace our 2000 Explorer 4cyl, manual
> trans. I love it very much but miles are getting up there
> and some rust is starting. I can find very few suv's with
> a manual trans. Ford no longer offers one in the explorer.
> Chevy no, Dodge no, Jeep no, Subaru yes. Anything else?

Nissan (XTerra)
Toyota (Land Cruiser)

-- Larry
Old September 25th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
fggfgf

Lawrence T. Hoff wrote:
> fggfgf wrote:
>> We're getting ready to replace our 2000 Explorer 4cyl, manual
>> trans. I love it very much but miles are getting up there
>> and some rust is starting. I can find very few suv's with
>> a manual trans. Ford no longer offers one in the explorer.
>> Chevy no, Dodge no, Jeep no, Subaru yes. Anything else?

> Nissan (XTerra)

Need a four door.

> Toyota (Land Cruiser)

Apparently not for 2007 and a $56,215 MSRP!!! Ouch!
Old September 25th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Lawrence T. Hoff

fggfgf wrote:
> Lawrence T. Hoff wrote:
>
>> fggfgf wrote:
>>
>>> We're getting ready to replace our 2000 Explorer 4cyl, manual
>>> trans. I love it very much but miles are getting up there
>>> and some rust is starting. I can find very few suv's with
>>> a manual trans. Ford no longer offers one in the explorer.
>>> Chevy no, Dodge no, Jeep no, Subaru yes. Anything else?

>> Nissan (XTerra)

> Need a four door.

I counted the doors on my XTerra. Twice. Then I asked my
kids to check. There really does seem to be 4. I promise.
Maybe it just looks too nice for you to think it might have 4
doors? Is ugly a criteria too? ;-)

>> Toyota (Land Cruiser)

> Apparently not for 2007 and a $56,215 MSRP!!! Ouch!

Sorry, I meant FJ Cruiser.

HTH -- Larry

Old September 26th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
fggfgf

Lawrence T. Hoff wrote:
> fggfgf wrote:
>> Lawrence T. Hoff wrote:

>>> Nissan (XTerra)

>> Need a four door.

> I counted the doors on my XTerra. Twice. Then I asked my
> kids to check. There really does seem to be 4. I promise.
> Maybe it just looks too nice for you to think it might have 4
> doors? Is ugly a criteria too? ;-)

Wow... It didn't (and still doesn't) look like a 4 door from
the web site pics. Can an adult fit through the rear doors?

>>> Toyota (Land Cruiser)

>> Apparently not for 2007 and a $56,215 MSRP!!! Ouch!

> Sorry, I meant FJ Cruiser.

That doesn't look too bad. Here again though the rear doors are tiny.
Old September 27th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

"Lawrence T. Hoff" wrote:

> fggfgf wrote:
> > We're getting ready to replace our 2000 Explorer 4cyl, manual
> > trans. I love it very much but miles are getting up there
> > and some rust is starting. I can find very few suv's with
> > a manual trans. Ford no longer offers one in the explorer.
> > Chevy no, Dodge no, Jeep no, Subaru yes. Anything else?

> Toyota (Land Cruiser)

Not in the USA (for many years).

--
Paul Hovnanian

97 SL1 Manual Trans reh Saturn 1 June 10th 06 09:26 PM
97 TJ Overheating (manual trans) [email protected] Jeep 2 May 22nd 06 03:36 PM
Help! Can't Find Decent Riding 4x4 SUV with Manual Trans Michael Adams 4x4 2 May 15th 06 01:48 AM
Which CR-V Electrical Manual? Steve Noll Honda 2 May 11th 06 02:21 AM
3.2 A4, manual trans in USA? daytripper Audi 3 July 14th 05 09:23 PM