Wanted - Odyssey/Pilot Owner Experiences

Old September 8th 05, 06:47 PM
Keith Warren

Default Wanted - Odyssey/Pilot Owner Experiences

I have gone to the JD Power site and the r.a.m.h. FAQ and didn't get much of
anything on owners experiences.

We are looking at new vehicles and the Odyssey and Pilot are on our list of
options. I'd like to hear from owners about likes and dislikes, gas mileage,
etc. I am well versed in the brand and quality and general product specs,
what I'm looking more for are the intangibles from those who have actually
owned/driven one of these for a while.

TIA

--
Keith Warren

99 Accord EXL V6
85 CRX HF (Dead and buried)

Old September 9th 05, 12:22 AM
Mike Iglesias

and http://hondapilot.org

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Old September 9th 05, 03:33 AM
Scott Van Nest

04 Ody. 15,000 miles.
I recently Tboned another car that ran a red light. $17k in damage to the
front of the van and still Farmers wouldn't total it. I came out of the
accident without a scratch. My passenger only had minor scratches on his
shins and across his chest. After going through this accident, I will not
let the wife drive anything else as long as we have children in the car. I
fully believe that Honda engineering saved my life. We have the vehicle
back and and it drives like the day we picked it up.

I verified that the van was outside the VIN scope on the tranny recall
upon purchasing it. No other issues what so ever. and it gets what we
consider great gas milage (20 city/25 hwy).

Scott

Old September 9th 05, 04:00 PM
bearman

"Keith Warren" > wrote in message
>I have gone to the JD Power site and the r.a.m.h. FAQ and didn't get much
>of
> anything on owners experiences.
>
> We are looking at new vehicles and the Odyssey and Pilot are on our list
> of
> options. I'd like to hear from owners about likes and dislikes, gas
> mileage,
> etc. I am well versed in the brand and quality and general product specs,
> what I'm looking more for are the intangibles from those who have actually
> owned/driven one of these for a while.

I have a 2000 Ody and my only real complaint is that it's noisy. Road
noisy. I hope when I get new tires to find some that will help reduce the
noise. I suppose I could do some sort of undercoating but I'll wait for
that.
If you test drive an Ody, take it on a rough pavement (not potholed) and see
how you can carry on a conversation.
--
Bearman
If it's got tits, tires, tubes, or transistors, it's trouble.

Old September 10th 05, 01:18 PM
TWW

"Keith Warren" > wrote in message
> I have gone to the JD Power site and the r.a.m.h. FAQ and didn't get much

of
> anything on owners experiences.
>
> We are looking at new vehicles and the Odyssey and Pilot are on our list

of
> options. I'd like to hear from owners about likes and dislikes, gas

mileage,
> etc. I am well versed in the brand and quality and general product specs,
> what I'm looking more for are the intangibles from those who have actually
> owned/driven one of these for a while.
>

> TIA
>

> --
> Keith Warren
>
> 99 Accord EXL V6
> 85 CRX HF (Dead and buried)

We have 36k on a 03 Pilot. No problems whatsoever and inexpensive to
service. Gets about 22-23 on the road and 18-19 around town. Handles
extremely well with superb brakes and traction. OEM tires are noisy -- but
only last about 33-35k miles.

Old September 12th 05, 01:14 PM
bearman

"Keith Warren" > wrote in message
>I have gone to the JD Power site and the r.a.m.h. FAQ and didn't get much
>of
> anything on owners experiences.
>
> We are looking at new vehicles and the Odyssey and Pilot are on our list
> of
> options. I'd like to hear from owners about likes and dislikes, gas
> mileage,
> etc. I am well versed in the brand and quality and general product specs,
> what I'm looking more for are the intangibles from those who have actually
> owned/driven one of these for a while.

You're welcome.

Perhaps you just forgot to thank us for our responses.
--
Bearman
America: Land of the free because of the brave.

Old September 12th 05, 03:23 PM
Keith Warren

"bearman" > wrote in message

> "Keith Warren" > wrote in message
> >I have gone to the JD Power site and the r.a.m.h. FAQ and didn't get much
> >of
> > anything on owners experiences.
> >
> > We are looking at new vehicles and the Odyssey and Pilot are on our list
> > of
> > options. I'd like to hear from owners about likes and dislikes, gas
> > mileage,
> > etc. I am well versed in the brand and quality and general product

specs,
> > what I'm looking more for are the intangibles from those who have

actually
> > owned/driven one of these for a while.
> >

> You're welcome.
>
> Perhaps you just forgot to thank us for our responses.
>
> Bearman
> America: Land of the free because of the brave.

Bearman,

First off, Sorry....I've been out of town with our Cub Scout Webelo's den on
a parent/child camping weekend since Thursday afternoon and just got the
chance to read the posts. Secondly, I knew this would be the case tobegin
with, which is why I ended the original post with a TIA ....Thanks in
Advance.... which seems to have *accidently* gotten snipped from the OP in
your above reply.

Perhaps you missed that part of my original post? :-)

Seriously though, thanks to all (Elmo, Mike, Scott, Bearman, TWW and Tubeguy
<email>) for the replies. We are still shopping and will be going out this
weekend to do test drives, etc. It's great to hear first-hand experiences
before plopping down the cash.

Keith

Old September 12th 05, 05:00 PM
bearman

"Keith Warren" > wrote in message

> "bearman" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Keith Warren" > wrote in message
>> >I have gone to the JD Power site and the r.a.m.h. FAQ and didn't get
>> >much
>> >of
>> > anything on owners experiences.
>> >
>> > We are looking at new vehicles and the Odyssey and Pilot are on our
>> > list
>> > of
>> > options. I'd like to hear from owners about likes and dislikes, gas
>> > mileage,
>> > etc. I am well versed in the brand and quality and general product

> specs,
>> > what I'm looking more for are the intangibles from those who have

> actually
>> > owned/driven one of these for a while.
>> >

>> You're welcome.
>>
>> Perhaps you just forgot to thank us for our responses.
>>
>> Bearman
>> America: Land of the free because of the brave.

> Bearman,
>
> First off, Sorry....I've been out of town with our Cub Scout Webelo's den
> on
> a parent/child camping weekend since Thursday afternoon and just got the
> chance to read the posts. Secondly, I knew this would be the case tobegin
> with, which is why I ended the original post with a TIA ....Thanks in
> Advance.... which seems to have *accidently* gotten snipped from the OP in
> your above reply.
>
> Perhaps you missed that part of my original post? :-)
>
> Seriously though, thanks to all (Elmo, Mike, Scott, Bearman, TWW and
> Tubeguy
> <email>) for the replies. We are still shopping and will be going out this
> weekend to do test drives, etc. It's great to hear first-hand experiences
> before plopping down the cash.
>
> Keith

My apologies for accidently cutting off the TIA in your OP. It was an
accident.
--
Bearman

Old September 12th 05, 05:02 PM
Keith Warren

"bearman" > wrote in message

> "Keith Warren" > wrote in message

> > specs,

> > actually
> >> >

> >> You're welcome.
> >>
> >> Perhaps you just forgot to thank us for our responses.
> >>
> >> Bearman
> >> America: Land of the free because of the brave.

> > Bearman,
> >
> > First off, Sorry....I've been out of town with our Cub Scout Webelo's

den
> > on
> > a parent/child camping weekend since Thursday afternoon and just got the
> > chance to read the posts. Secondly, I knew this would be the case

tobegin
> > with, which is why I ended the original post with a TIA ....Thanks in
> > Advance.... which seems to have *accidently* gotten snipped from the OP

in
> > your above reply.
> >
> > Perhaps you missed that part of my original post? :-)
> >
> > Seriously though, thanks to all (Elmo, Mike, Scott, Bearman, TWW and
> > Tubeguy
> > <email>) for the replies. We are still shopping and will be going out

this
> > weekend to do test drives, etc. It's great to hear first-hand

experiences
> > before plopping down the cash.
> >
> > Keith
> >

> My apologies for accidently cutting off the TIA in your OP. It was an
> accident.
> --
> Bearman

Thus the smiley in my reply indicating lighthearted banter and not real
flames

Thanks again.

Keith

I'm sick of being a wannabe Corvette owner, I want to be aCorvette owner! Tristan Austin Corvette 18 July 9th 05 08:04 AM
Audi owner experiences Subba Rao Audi 33 October 27th 04 06:53 PM
Buying 1955 Chevy 210 4-door, comments wanted Alex Antique cars 1 December 2nd 03 04:12 PM