Tricked out minivan

Old August 14th 05, 06:43 PM
Islander

Default Tricked out minivan

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:06:58 -0700, "deadbeat" >
wrote:

>Anyone ever do anything to improve the sporty looks of the minivan. I see
>erebruni has a body kit. anyone do that? Also saw a pic of a caravan with a
>hood with air inlets. Can't find that anywere.

I find this subject an interesting one.

I have a 92 Caravan SE. It is suffering from the Paint peel
syndrome. The shops I asked at.. say yes they will do it but at a
high cost, then maybe you can sue them for the poor original paint. I
decided I would like to try this in my garage at home.. I have all the
tools, and some previous experience. So far so good. front and back
are all done.. I removed all trim, and the rear door key. All is
blanked out. The front has the hood ornament removed and blanked out.

The vehicle still looks like a minivan hey that's what it is... but
"something is missing" my friends say. and not able to figure it out.

Next is the final paint. A pearl light blue instead of the factory
light blue, and a small abstract mural on the side. We shall see how
it goes with the airbrush.

Other change I did was to have my fav muffler shop have at it. Split
exhaust and 2 mufflers and 2 resonators. It is very very quite and
there is a slight improvement in fuel economy.

cheers
the islander

Old August 15th 05, 10:59 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Islander" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:06:58 -0700, "deadbeat" >
> wrote:
>

> The vehicle still looks like a minivan hey that's what it is... but
> "something is missing" my friends say. and not able to figure it out.
>
> Next is the final paint. A pearl light blue instead of the factory
> light blue, and a small abstract mural on the side. We shall see how
> it goes with the airbrush.

Or you could turn it into an "art" car:

http://www.artcars.com/gangway/index.html

Ted

2001 Minivan - power steering locks up ng_reader Chrysler 3 June 3rd 05 02:14 AM
Buying a new minivan Zee Chrysler 0 May 25th 05 05:24 AM
94 Plymouth Voyager minivan = power steering problem N. Nayar Chrysler 4 April 11th 05 09:32 AM
MFFY Sloth in minivan Alexander Rogge Driving 1 March 12th 05 06:20 PM
which minivan to buy? snow Honda 8 February 11th 05 09:10 PM