1999 Intrepid - Electrical system immobilized

Old October 5th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Arthur

Default 1999 Intrepid - Electrical system immobilized

I have a 1999 Intrepid and appear to be in some big trouble. I went
out this morning and the electrical system appears to be disabled. The
lights don't go on inside or out. I can't even open my trunk with
the key. The red light on the top of the dash is flashing on and
off. The battery is new and so is the alternator.

Can anyone tell me what might have happened and what I can do to reset
the electrical system?

Thanks in advance
Old October 5th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Arthur wrote:
> I have a 1999 Intrepid and appear to be in some big trouble. I went
> out this morning and the electrical system appears to be disabled. The
> lights don't go on inside or out. I can't even open my trunk with
> the key. The red light on the top of the dash is flashing on and
> off. The battery is new and so is the alternator.
>
> Can anyone tell me what might have happened and what I can do to reset
> the electrical system?
>
> Thanks in advance

I assume you mean you can't open the trunk with the remote.

To reset the electrical system, disconnect the negative jump post (the
main vehicle ground), located on the passenger side strut tower for 15
minutes and then reconnect it. Takes a 15 mmm wrench.

I know you said you have a new battery, but can you check the battery
voltage with a meter (put the leads on the pos. and neg. jump posts)?
Once you post back with that, we can go from there.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old October 5th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower[_2_]

"Arthur" > wrote in message
> I have a 1999 Intrepid and appear to be in some big trouble. I went
> out this morning and the electrical system appears to be disabled. The
> lights don't go on inside or out. I can't even open my trunk with
> the key. The red light on the top of the dash is flashing on and
> off. The battery is new and so is the alternator.
>
> Can anyone tell me what might have happened and what I can do to reset
> the electrical system?
>
> Thanks in advance

The red lite flashing at the top of the dash, is that an alarm lite telling
you that the alarm went off? does this vehicle have the gray skim key?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

ignition immobilized? ed2007 Honda 3 July 19th 07 09:30 PM
Electrical or a transmition problem in a 94 Intrepid beneteau1983 Chrysler 0 June 11th 05 06:36 PM
electrical problems - 94 intrepid beneteau1983 Chrysler 2 June 9th 05 03:15 AM
99 Intrepid - no electrical power walterg Dodge 0 April 21st 05 01:51 AM
1994 Intrepid ES Intermittent Electrical Bill Baxter Dodge 2 March 23rd 05 06:10 AM