Chrysler dealers may see Volt fighter

Old September 23rd 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

Default Chrysler dealers may see Volt fighter

September 19, 2008 - 1:11 pm ET

DETROIT -- In mid-August, members of Chrysler LLC's dealer council got a big
surprise when the company let them drive an electric vehicle that could
compete with Chevrolet's Volt hybrid.

On Tuesday, Sept. 23, the entire dealer body may get to see that car as part
of a national dealer telecast at 100 theaters across the country.

Chrysler has invited dealers to participate in a large-scale national
telecast -- something new for the company.

Last year, dealers traveled to a show in Las Vegas.

Steven Landry, executive vice president of North America sales, sent a memo
Sept. 16 inviting dealers to the meeting and listing movie theaters in their
area.

In the memo, Landry said dealers will see Chrysler's "clear vision for the
future and share with you some exciting, cutting-edge product!"

Chrysler declined to confirm reports in The Wall Street Journal that an
electric car would be shown during the telecast. The automaker has put its
electric-vehicle development arm, called ENVI, on the fast track.

Chrysler showed three electric concept cars at the Detroit show in January.

Chrysler has said it will have seven new products in 2010 but has not said
what they are, and co-President Jim Press has hinted at plans for an
electric vehicle.

There are pressing issues on dealers' minds beyond new vehicles, including
the credit crunch, Chrysler Financial's tough new rules on floorplan loans,
aging inventory and consumer loans.

Old September 23rd 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jim Higgins

rob wrote:
> September 19, 2008 - 1:11 pm ET
>
> DETROIT -- In mid-August, members of Chrysler LLC's dealer council got a big
> surprise when the company let them drive an electric vehicle that could
> compete with Chevrolet's Volt hybrid.
>
> On Tuesday, Sept. 23, the entire dealer body may get to see that car as part
> of a national dealer telecast at 100 theaters across the country.
>
> Chrysler has invited dealers to participate in a large-scale national
> telecast -- something new for the company.
>
> Last year, dealers traveled to a show in Las Vegas.
>
> Steven Landry, executive vice president of North America sales, sent a memo
> Sept. 16 inviting dealers to the meeting and listing movie theaters in their
> area.
>
> In the memo, Landry said dealers will see Chrysler's "clear vision for the
> future and share with you some exciting, cutting-edge product!"
>
> Chrysler declined to confirm reports in The Wall Street Journal that an
> electric car would be shown during the telecast. The automaker has put its
> electric-vehicle development arm, called ENVI, on the fast track.
>
> Chrysler showed three electric concept cars at the Detroit show in January.
>
> Chrysler has said it will have seven new products in 2010 but has not said
> what they are, and co-President Jim Press has hinted at plans for an
> electric vehicle.
>
> There are pressing issues on dealers' minds beyond new vehicles, including
> the credit crunch, Chrysler Financial's tough new rules on floorplan loans,
> aging inventory and consumer loans.

Chrysler is "promising" to deliver "soon". Wonder if they can deliver
before they file C11 or C7? Real product for sale is quite unlikely.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old September 23rd 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 09/23/08 07:11 am Jim Higgins wrote:

>> DETROIT -- In mid-August, members of Chrysler LLC's dealer council got
>> a big surprise when the company let them drive an electric vehicle
>> that could compete with Chevrolet's Volt hybrid.

<snip>

> Chrysler is "promising" to deliver "soon". Wonder if they can deliver
> before they file C11 or C7? Real product for sale is quite unlikely.

GM doesn't have a product for sale yet either.

Perce

Old September 23rd 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jim Higgins

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> On 09/23/08 07:11 am Jim Higgins wrote:
>
>>> DETROIT -- In mid-August, members of Chrysler LLC's dealer council got
>>> a big surprise when the company let them drive an electric vehicle
>>> that could compete with Chevrolet's Volt hybrid.

> <snip>
>
>> Chrysler is "promising" to deliver "soon". Wonder if they can deliver
>> before they file C11 or C7? Real product for sale is quite unlikely.

> GM doesn't have a product for sale yet either.
>
> Perce

Vaporware all around.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old September 23rd 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Jim Higgins wrote:
> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

>> <snip>
>>
>>> Chrysler is "promising" to deliver "soon". Wonder if they can deliver
>>> before they file C11 or C7? Real product for sale is quite unlikely.

>> GM doesn't have a product for sale yet either.
>>
>> Perce
>>

> Vaporware all around.

You really do hate life, the universe, and everything, don't you? If you
ever said anything positive, I'm sure it would amount to "I'm positive
its going to be a rotten day."

Between GM and Chrysler, my money would sure be on Chrysler to get a
new-tech vehicle out without too much word of it "leaking" beforehand.
Old September 23rd 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jim Higgins

Steve wrote:
> Jim Higgins wrote:
>> Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> GM doesn't have a product for sale yet either.
>>>
>>> Perce
>>>

>> Vaporware all around.

> You really do hate life, the universe, and everything, don't you? If you
> ever said anything positive, I'm sure it would amount to "I'm positive
> its going to be a rotten day."
>
> Between GM and Chrysler, my money would sure be on Chrysler to get a
> new-tech vehicle out without too much word of it "leaking" beforehand.

Dream on.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old October 3rd 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article
utertechnology>,
Jim Higgins > wrote:

> Chrysler is "promising" to deliver "soon". Wonder if they can deliver
> before they file C11 or C7? Real product for sale is quite unlikely.

At least Chrysler and GM are headed in the right direction.
When they deliver we can comment on their electric cars.

Looking like I should buy shares in my favorite electric company.
Old October 7th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article m>,
"rob" > wrote:

> September 19, 2008 - 1:11 pm ET
>
> DETROIT -- In mid-August, members of Chrysler LLC's dealer council got a big
> surprise when the company let them drive an electric vehicle that could
> compete with Chevrolet's Volt hybrid.

Their thoughts are in the right direction, but I won't hold my breath
until it is ready for mass consumption.
Old October 7th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

Mercedes is now saying they will build electric smarts too

Old October 7th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article om>,
"rob" > wrote:

> Mercedes is now saying they will build electric smarts too

That's smart of them, but where will they put the battery?