Heater Core

Old December 13th 04, 04:01 AM
Gill

Default Heater Core

Last Jan. My core sprung a leak. I missed my warranty by a month but my
miles were still relatively low so I talked with the local Ford service
rep. guy. He made me an offer of $300.00 so I gladly let them deal with
it. All better and a one year warranty on the core.

Fast forward to November, guess what? Green fluid running under the
passenger side carpet! Dang, I moved 1000 miles north of the OC to the
new OC, (Oregon City) so I locate the Ford store and explain the deal.
Guy OKs the warranty! But, he says my Stang suffers from chronic
electrolysis, and needs a complete flush and some kind of additive used
in diesels. This runs me 120 clams :/ Not knowing, I OK it (plus I
should support my local repair guy lol). Did I get ripped? Does anyone
know the name of the diesel additive?
--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
P-1SC & Some MM Stuff
Old December 13th 04, 07:38 AM
Big Al

"Gill" > wrote in message
> Last Jan. My core sprung a leak. I missed my warranty by a month but my
> miles were still relatively low so I talked with the local Ford service
> rep. guy. He made me an offer of $300.00 so I gladly let them deal with
> it. All better and a one year warranty on the core.
>
> Fast forward to November, guess what? Green fluid running under the
> passenger side carpet! Dang, I moved 1000 miles north of the OC to the new
> OC, (Oregon City) so I locate the Ford store and explain the deal. Guy OKs
> the warranty! But, he says my Stang suffers from chronic electrolysis, and
> needs a complete flush and some kind of additive used in diesels. This
> runs me 120 clams :/ Not knowing, I OK it (plus I should support my local
> repair guy lol). Did I get ripped? Does anyone know the name of the diesel
> additive?
> --
> Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
> P-1SC & Some MM Stuff
> http://tinyurl.com/5d6dy

You may want to invest the engine grounds. You may have a problem with
electrolysis.

Al

Old December 18th 04, 01:40 AM
Hooked 87

Ask if he is using the BG stuff in the flush. Its Excellent for iron
blocks with Alum heads.

Old December 18th 04, 02:18 AM
Gill

Hooked 87 wrote:
> Ask if he is using the BG stuff in the flush. Its Excellent for iron
> blocks with Alum heads.

Excellent in what way? Does it neutralize the electrolysis?
Welcome to the group BTW

--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
With Bits and Pieces