92 Lebaron shift lever

Old January 15th 05, 04:32 PM
Bob Hewitt

Default 92 Lebaron shift lever

Our 92 Lebaron shift lever sticks in the lower gear. Very hard to get
back to drive. Is this in the tranny or in the outside connectors?
Bob

Old January 15th 05, 06:21 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Bob Hewitt wrote:

> Our 92 Lebaron shift lever sticks in the lower gear. Very hard to get
> back to drive. Is this in the tranny or in the outside connectors?

Probably needs a replacement shift cable. What type of shift lever does
your Lebaron have? Column or floor mounted?
Old January 16th 05, 04:25 AM
Bob Hewitt

Dan, The shift lever is on the steering column. Bob

Old January 16th 05, 05:16 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Bob Hewitt wrote:

> Dan, The shift lever is on the steering column. Bob

Definitely the shift cable. They get kinked/bent near where they attach to
the column selector assembly, with the symptom you mention.

DS

88 LeBaron vs 98 Camry Ken Chrysler 14 November 2nd 04 01:00 AM
1st to 4th shift light? Fred Corvette 22 August 31st 04 01:29 AM
88 Aries Shift Points Dave libbey Dodge 3 May 7th 04 05:59 AM