88 dodge shelby cooling problem

Old April 17th 04, 04:36 AM
lybarra

Default 88 dodge shelby cooling problem

Having the radiator flushed doesn't mean it was unclogged. You have to the
radiator to a radiator shop and have them take the tanks off and run a rod
or thin piece of metal through the core. And on the 87 and 88 Daytona's
turbo II, they did have a slight air restriction to the radiator and
intercooler. They ran slightly hotter but nothing to really worry about
unless you have a clog. That's the reason for the openings on the 89 nose,
to let more air through. The water will also bubble until the thermostat
opens.

"Locnar" > wrote in message
> the system was flushed proffessionaly at a dealership... no I don't think

the
> turbo lines were checked, but how could it stop flow through the block?
>

> In article >, "chatterx"
> > wrote:
> >is your radiator plugged up, I would suggest taking the radiator in and
> >having it flushed professionaly, and when you have the cap off of the
> >radiator does the liquid bubble allot when its running? and just for

giggles
> >did you check the turbo radiator coolant lines?
> >"Locnar" > wrote in message
> >> I have a 88 shelby daytona,2.2 turbo II and i am having a overheating
> >> problem... I have replaced all of the hoses (including all of the

heater
> >core
> >> ones), the heater control module (that the heater lines plug into)

water
> >pump,
> >> flushed the whole system (coolant flowed through everywhere just fine)

> >even
> >> removed the thermastat to make sure everything was flowing.. and still

> >get
> >> restricted flow... I replaced the temperature sensor, but even the fan
> >> doesn't really come on like it is supposed to. i then hooked it up

> >directly
> >> to the battery, and car still gets hot..... I did find this though.

when
> >the
> >> car is cold and i take the rad cap off start the car, the coolant in

the
> >rad
> >> will foam up a little.. I checked to see if there was any coolant in

the

Old April 17th 04, 04:36 AM
lybarra