getting spare tire off of a Plymouth Voyager...? Help!

Old February 14th 04, 02:16 AM
fear

Default getting spare tire off of a Plymouth Voyager...? Help!

I'm trying to change a friend's tire on a Plymouth Voyager. The spare
is underneath the vehicle in back. There seems to be a bolt of some
sort holding it in, with not much of a 'lip' to be able to grab on and
turn it with. I've been doing this for at least half an hour
collectively, and it has come loose, but it's very very difficult to
say the least, and now it's at the point where if I turn it and then
let go/loose my grip again, it just sort of spins back to where it
was, like it can't go any further. Someone suggested that it unhooked
from the top, such as underneath the carpet in the rear of the van
behind the seat, but there is nothing there to get to. Am I missing
something? Is there a trick to it I just don't understand? I think the
bolt/screw is so stripped now and I've cut myself and made my arm so
sore that there is nothing more I can do unless there is another way.
There is no manual in the car, not that I thought a manual would be
needed to get at a spare tire- when did they start making it so
difficult? Any suggestions?
Old February 14th 04, 02:42 AM
Ken Pisichko

There is a plastic plug on the floor left of the mid-line and a few inches
forward of the back door "lip". That plug hides the bolt head that you
turn with the jack handle. It operates a winch that lowers the tire.

Ken

Old February 15th 04, 03:13 PM
dupontspec

This is not a bolt its just a head with a cable that holds in the wheel you need to find the bolt around the hatch back area hidden in a hole this will release the cable it might be between the bumper also look and you will find!!!Good Luck

Old February 15th 04, 04:30 PM
Mike Romain

Look under the hood by the jack or above the jack on the hood for
directions.

There is a flap in the carpet on the right hand side just inside the
back door to put the tire lug wrench on to lower the tire down.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's