Public will share Ford discounts

Old June 18th 05, 02:10 PM
Grover C. McCoury III

Default Public will share Ford discounts

June 18, 2005

DETROIT (AP) -- In a new gambit to boost slumping sales, Ford Motor Co. is
one-upping General Motors Corp. and giving up to $1,000 in cash to employees
and retirees who entice friends and family to buy cars and trucks.

Friday's announcement came as early numbers showed a big jump in GM's market
share under its new incentive program, which lets all customers use the
employee discount rate through July 5.

Ford's program also extends employee discounts to all customers.

The incentive programs followed a sluggish first five months for GM and
Ford, as Japanese carmakers and DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler unit gained
sales and market share.

Through May, GM's 2005 U.S. sales were down 5.4 percent to 1.9 million and
Ford's were down 4 percent to 1.3 million. DaimlerChrysler sales rose 1
percent for the year to 927,000. Nissan's sales rose 16 percent, Toyota's
rose 12 percent and Honda's rose 1 percent in the period.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @
http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt

Old June 18th 05, 02:48 PM
trainfan1

Grover C. McCoury III wrote:

> June 18, 2005
>

> DETROIT (AP) -- In a new gambit to boost slumping sales, Ford Motor Co. is
> one-upping General Motors Corp. and giving up to $1,000 in cash to employees
> and retirees who entice friends and family to buy cars and trucks.

Wouldn't you know...

Rob

Old June 18th 05, 03:07 PM
scrape

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:48:32 -0400, trainfan1
> wrote:

>Grover C. McCoury III wrote:
>
>> June 18, 2005
>>

>> DETROIT (AP) -- In a new gambit to boost slumping sales, Ford Motor Co. is
>> one-upping General Motors Corp. and giving up to $1,000 in cash to employees
>> and retirees who entice friends and family to buy cars and trucks.

>Wouldn't you know...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=559077 1436

It *appears* that if you actually buy a vehicle, he refunds your
$10.00. At least that's what I got out of the quick read I just did.