How to change lug studs on 93 prelude

Old September 14th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Brain Damidge

Default How to change lug studs on 93 prelude

I am in the drive to change some lug stud on a 93 prelude over the
weekend and need some insights.....

The prelude is a 4 disc setup.

Tips from anyone who has done this or have seen some do it before are
welcome

Old October 1st 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff[_15_]

knock em out with a hammer and pull the new ones up tight with an impact.
you might need to space out the lug nut from the hub with some washers. on
my 92 civic i had hell squeezing the stud in. i ground one side of the head
of the stud and it slipped right in. some say it might weaken the stud but i
got the idea from stock hub bolts on a jeep dana 30. if studs can hold up to
the torture of offroading they can handle it on a honda!

oups.com...

Old October 1st 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Jeff wrote:

> knock em out with a hammer and pull the new ones up tight with an impact.
> you might need to space out the lug nut from the hub with some washers. on
> my 92 civic i had hell squeezing the stud in. i ground one side of the head
> of the stud and it slipped right in. some say it might weaken the stud but i
> got the idea from stock hub bolts on a jeep dana 30. if studs can hold up to
> the torture of offroading they can handle it on a honda!
>
> "Brain Damidge" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> I am in the drive to change some lug stud on a 93 prelude over the
> weekend and need some insights.....
>
> The prelude is a 4 disc setup.
>
> Tips from anyone who has done this or have seen some do it before are
> welcome

--------------------------------------

I thought hammers were a no-no because the impact goes through the
bearing ? ? www.slhondaparts.com has your exploded views and part
numbers.

'Curly'
Old October 1st 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> knock em out with a hammer and pull the new ones up tight with an impact.
>> you might need to space out the lug nut from the hub with some washers. on
>> my 92 civic i had hell squeezing the stud in. i ground one side of the head
>> of the stud and it slipped right in. some say it might weaken the stud but i
>> got the idea from stock hub bolts on a jeep dana 30. if studs can hold up to
>> the torture of offroading they can handle it on a honda!
>>
>> "Brain Damidge" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> I am in the drive to change some lug stud on a 93 prelude over the
>> weekend and need some insights.....
>>
>> The prelude is a 4 disc setup.
>>
>> Tips from anyone who has done this or have seen some do it before are
>> welcome

> --------------------------------------
>
> I thought hammers were a no-no because the impact goes through the
> bearing ? ?

absolutely. should remove the hub, or drive the stud out with a press -
hammers are verboten.

> www.slhondaparts.com has your exploded views and part
> numbers.
>
> 'Curly'

Unusual ATF Change on 1999 528i (re post) [email protected] BMW 0 August 4th 06 07:44 PM
Recommendations for Jeep Mechanic near Edison, NJ [email protected] Jeep 1 July 30th 06 07:10 PM
Oil change on 1996 Audi A6 - V6 2.6 litre engine (UK) Mark Audi 20 December 18th 05 02:28 PM
1st Oil Change Dave L Honda 4 November 5th 05 10:29 PM
THIS ADD CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE jaman General 0 May 30th 04 07:05 PM