Vibration in brakes

Old September 26th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Vibration in brakes

Hi All,

I am a new member to this group, i need some advice on my 1992 EX honda
accord. The problem is when i brake the whole car vibrates
(pulsating). It doesnt matter what speed is it, it just vibrates, i
changed the rotors and pads several times but the problem never seems
to leave. It would be okay for 3 or 4 months after i change the rotors
and pads then it comes back. I took it to my mechanic and dealer but
they couldnt narrow it down what causes the problem. The rotor and
pads are fine. My mechanic suggessted me to change the sprindle, but i
am not sure. I need some expert advice on this to tackle this problem.
Please provide some light on this. Thank you.

Old September 26th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
sr20dk

what are you using for parts and who is doing them? 92 accord not the
easiest to change if you aren't used to it. its an auto, thats my
guess. they have problems if you don't use the right parts, even with
the right parts maybe 25-30k then pulsation.

--
sr20dk
sr20dk's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=473254

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old September 27th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a new member to this group, i need some advice on my 1992 EX honda
> accord. The problem is when i brake the whole car vibrates
> (pulsating). It doesnt matter what speed is it, it just vibrates, i
> changed the rotors and pads several times but the problem never seems
> to leave. It would be okay for 3 or 4 months after i change the rotors
> and pads then it comes back. I took it to my mechanic and dealer but
> they couldnt narrow it down what causes the problem. The rotor and
> pads are fine. My mechanic suggessted me to change the sprindle, but i
> am not sure. I need some expert advice on this to tackle this problem.
> Please provide some light on this. Thank you.

wheels for a honda need to be torqued to the correct level *by hand* and
the nuts need to be tightened in the correct order in a two [or more]
stage process. failure to do so and use of air tools results in exactly
your described problem, and if neglected, the results become permanent
to that disk/hub.

the cause is honda's use of a lightweight hub which can elastically
distort if not tightened right. usually, cleaning the hub and correct
torque corrects the problem. if not, clean the hub, replace the disk
and try again.
Old September 27th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
355smallblock[_1_]

What About The Rear Brakes?

--
355smallblock
355smallblock's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=477960

Old September 27th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

355smallblock wrote:
> What About The Rear Brakes?

What About Them?
Old September 27th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
355smallblock

Rears Can Cause Vibration Too

Old September 27th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

355smallblock wrote:
> Rears Can Cause Vibration Too

Did My Post Imply Anything To The Contrary?
Old September 27th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion[_1_]

jim beam wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am a new member to this group, i need some advice on my 1992 EX honda
>> accord. The problem is when i brake the whole car vibrates
>> (pulsating). It doesnt matter what speed is it, it just vibrates, i
>> changed the rotors and pads several times but the problem never seems
>> to leave. It would be okay for 3 or 4 months after i change the rotors
>> and pads then it comes back. I took it to my mechanic and dealer but
>> they couldnt narrow it down what causes the problem. The rotor and
>> pads are fine. My mechanic suggessted me to change the sprindle, but i
>> am not sure. I need some expert advice on this to tackle this problem.
>> Please provide some light on this. Thank you.
>>

> wheels for a honda need to be torqued to the correct level *by hand* and
> the nuts need to be tightened in the correct order in a two [or more]
> stage process. failure to do so and use of air tools results in exactly
> your described problem, and if neglected, the results become permanent
> to that disk/hub.
>
> the cause is honda's use of a lightweight hub which can elastically
> distort if not tightened right. usually, cleaning the hub and correct
> torque corrects the problem. if not, clean the hub, replace the disk
> and try again.

Another thought: if you have rear drum brakes, have you
checked/adjusted/replaced those? If they aren't working right, it means the
front brakes will be doing all the work, which in itself can cause shake, will
wear them out a lot faster, and can warp the rotors more readily because of the
increased heat (which will also reduce their effectiveness).